Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

J Train N.Y. Pizza & Pub Jeffersonville

no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

J Train N.Y. Pizza & Pub Jeffersonville

by Ed Vermillion » Tue May 06, 2008 10:36 pm

Noticed this spot across the street from Ann's in Jeff this afternoon. Has anyone had the pizza? Real N.Y. style?
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: J Train N.Y. Pizza & Pub Jeffersonville

by Robin Garr » Wed May 07, 2008 7:36 am

Ed Vermillion wrote:Noticed this spot across the street from Ann's in Jeff this afternoon. Has anyone had the pizza? Real N.Y. style?

Not yet, Ed, but here's a short thread on the subject:
J Train
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm

Twin Cities, MN

by MikeG » Wed May 07, 2008 7:56 am

I've had it. It's decent pizza, just as good (albeit larger) than what you get at come back inn. If you're in the area try it at least once.
I am the original Mike G, never mind the impostor.

I am kind of a big deal.
no avatar
User

BrianW

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:30 pm

Behind Enemy Lines in the 9th District

by BrianW » Wed May 07, 2008 10:58 am

Since the question was asked, my calzone last Friday was mainly tomato paste (bursting with thick blandness), with a bit of cheese, a few pepperonis and a handful of the crumble sausage. I ate it because I was hungry but it left me with the impression that it was worse tasting than the stuff in those old Chef-Boy-Ardee kits mom bought ages ago. No way we'll go back, not with the much superior CBI down the street.
Liberalism is a 'no brainer'.
no avatar
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Wed May 07, 2008 2:16 pm

BrianW wrote:Since the question was asked, my calzone last Friday was mainly tomato paste (bursting with thick blandness), with a bit of cheese, a few pepperonis and a handful of the crumble sausage. I ate it because I was hungry but it left me with the impression that it was worse tasting than the stuff in those old Chef-Boy-Ardee kits mom bought ages ago. No way we'll go back, not with the much superior CBI down the street.

Don't forget Adrienne and Company, they have an Italian Restaurant next to the bakery that is also very good.
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm

Twin Cities, MN

by MikeG » Wed May 07, 2008 2:19 pm

Kurt R. wrote:
BrianW wrote:Since the question was asked, my calzone last Friday was mainly tomato paste (bursting with thick blandness), with a bit of cheese, a few pepperonis and a handful of the crumble sausage. I ate it because I was hungry but it left me with the impression that it was worse tasting than the stuff in those old Chef-Boy-Ardee kits mom bought ages ago. No way we'll go back, not with the much superior CBI down the street.

Don't forget Adrienne and Company, they have an Italian Restaurant next to the bakery that is also very good.

YES!!!! Although they continue to thwart me by never having White Pizza when I go in to sample a slice. Denied 3 times. The food I have sampled there has been very delicious.
I am the original Mike G, never mind the impostor.

I am kind of a big deal.