Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:15 pm

robert szappanos wrote:when this thread first started it was noted abour The large corporation and giving back.

Actually, it never was about "giving back," although it's fine that it went that direction.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:40 pm

robert szappanos wrote:Well then I suggest that you DO IT AGAIN Robin....Seems like every time I comment about a good meal I had at a chain...One of the trwo always come back with smart ass remarks about it...and when this thread first started it was noted abour The large corporation and giving back...I gave you the fact for Wal-Mart and once again the smart ass remarks followed....I will not stop posting and replying on this forum...If you want to Ban me that is the only way that I will not post my feelings and reply to smart ass comments from the two across the river....I am sure they are just laughing today saying we did it...hes gone.....So once again do what you have to do Robin.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Robert, the short of it is that, in my honest opinion, your chain posts aren't intended to be informative. You're an Internet troll, a person who deliberately starts an argument and then sits back to enjoy the fireworks. We really don't need that.

After giving you a vacation one time, I agreed to welcome you back. But it seems that you're getting into the same old habits again.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:30 pm

In your mind nothing can be informative from a chain...and this is a food forum right...maybe you should change it to read a Local Food Forum Only then you will be happy....So if you pull the plug I will understand...and if this is my last post to the few on this sight that can really see what has and is happining...take care.....and dont be afraid to voive you opinion...because outside of the forum...People do have freedom of speech....By the way Robin you bias on chains must not be working either...you always have reviews and except for one or two you tear down the CHAIN joints.....But either the majority of the people do not look at your site...or dont believe youour read betweens the line and see the bias coming throught...Because the very places you bad...menaing 99% of the chains...They are packed every night and are doing very well and our providing jobs for people in this town...So I guesss the bottom line is that your word is not being read or believed by 99% of the people in town...Because if it was the chains would have gone out of bussiness years ago...and they are doing just finealong with the local places....at least some of them.....I am off the soap box...So pull the plug Robin....Pull the plug again....at least this time you were not changing my posts as you did in the past.....but i guess that there is a first time on this new forum also....Take care all..and you two Robin...as far as the two clowns across the river I am sure you are both very happy...Like frick and frack.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

It takes 2.

by Doogy R » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:29 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
robert szappanos wrote:There really is no Tit....It is all of the TATING that happens afterwords.....Check the previous posts for you self....It will make it perfectly clear to anyone that want to take the time to look.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Robert, frankly, you've highjacked this thread with a large number of posts that have absolutely nothing to do with its topic. Roger's GNAT analogy is right on, and I'm just about in a mood to shut the door on you again if you can't participate here in a positive way.
:shock: :? 8) :lol: :cry: :oops: :P :x :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink:

To be fair, it takes at least 2, and in this case, maybe 3 to degrade this thread to the level it has sunk.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: It takes 2.

by Robin Garr » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:32 pm

Doogy R wrote:To be fair, it takes at least 2, and in this case, maybe 3 to degrade this thread to the level it has sunk.

Without Robert's dedicated trolling, that wouldn't have happened. It's all cleaned up now, but let's be real: It doesn't take two or three trolls to mess up a forum, it just takes one.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:34 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Doogy R wrote:To be fair, it takes at least 2, and in this case, maybe 3 to degrade this thread to the level it has sunk.

Without Robert's dedicated trolling, that wouldn't have happened. It's all cleaned up now, but let's be real: It doesn't take two or three trolls to mess up a forum, it just takes one.

Maybe he is a troll, but there is obvious engagement from parties other than him. The best way to respond to a troll is to not respond at all. It is almost like kindergarten in here at times.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:42 pm

Doogy R wrote:It is almost like kindergarten in here at times.

And sometimes the kids who behave badly get thrown into Time Out.

End of story. I'm not discussing this further.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:51 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Doogy R wrote:It is almost like kindergarten in here at times.

And sometimes the kids who behave badly get thrown into Time Out.

End of story. I'm not discussing this further.

I believe threads can be locked on this board. Maybe now is a good time to do so.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:58 am

Doogy R wrote:I believe threads can be locked on this board. Maybe now is a good time to do so.

Why in the world would I do that? Now that this thread has been cleaned of its gnat infestation, it's a sound topic. TP asked a good question, and most participants have given interesting, thoughtful answers. Let 'er roll.
no avatar
User

Will Crawford

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:51 pm

by Will Crawford » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:38 am

I guess I missed something becasue I did not see where Robert was out of line. It was a discussion after all. And while I do not agree with Robert I do not see where he should get booted off. IMO.

Will
Will Crawford
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:51 am

Will Crawford wrote:I guess I missed something becasue I did not see where Robert was out of line. It was a discussion after all. And while I do not agree with Robert I do not see where he should get booted off. IMO.

I haven't booted him yet, Will.

And I'm honestly not putting this issue up for public discussion. We don't need a long thread about it.

That being said, however, "trolling" - the art of freqently posting provocative topics that hijack a thread and turn it into an argument for the fun of watching a fight - is a well established and widely understood 'netiquette violation, and I'm not going to indulge it in this group.
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:58 am

Will Crawford wrote:I guess I missed something becasue I did not see where Robert was out of line. It was a discussion after all. And while I do not agree with Robert I do not see where he should get booted off.

Will

IMO. I agree! Being one of the two "clowns" across the river, I think that no one should be booted off the forum. While Robert does agitate and irritate, he also provides an alternative point of view (much like that Star Trek episode where Kirk got split in two in the transporter...) I fully agree that I am at least partially to blame for the post spinning into chaos as I am never one to sit on my hands and when provoked, I will respond. I hope that Robert doesn't get the boot as I will miss him and promise not to engauge him so long as he is cordial, constructive, and stays on topic.
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:06 am

David Clancy wrote: IMO. I agree! Being one of the two "clowns" across the river, I think that no one should be booted off the forum. ... I hope that Robert doesn't get the boot as I will miss him and promise not to engauge him so long as he is cordial, constructive, and stays on topic.

As I told Will, no one has been booted ... yet.

But I really mean this: Trolling is worse than responding to a troll because it's calculated to hijack a thread and start trouble; and anyone who makes a habit out of trolling will earn a very short welcome from me.
no avatar
User

Will Crawford

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:51 pm

by Will Crawford » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:24 am

I think that remarks about gnats are as flamming as what Robert is being accused of. [/quote]
Will Crawford
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:33 am

At the risk of repetition:

Robin Garr wrote:I'm honestly not putting this issue up for public discussion. We don't need a long thread about it.
PreviousNext