Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Da Vinci's on Shelbyville Road Closed

no avatar
User

Rod R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:39 pm

Da Vinci's on Shelbyville Road Closed

by Rod R » Tue May 06, 2008 1:19 pm

Drove by after hearing rumor of the closure and verified myself, they are closed.

The Economy is hurting restaurants all over the US.

So get out of the chains ppl before we are all gone. Please eat at a local restaurants which are locally owned and opperated.

If you need help finding one, we can assist.
no avatar
User

Neal M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:37 pm

Louisville

Re: Da Vinci's on Shelbyville Road Closed

by Neal M » Tue May 06, 2008 1:59 pm

Da Vinci's is the place in the old Buckheads location right? (OK, I've now officially lived here too long!) I really don't think that the economy had anything to do with their demise.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue May 06, 2008 2:14 pm

Rod R wrote:Drove by after hearing rumor of the closure and verified myself, they are closed.

The Economy is hurting restaurants all over the US.

So get out of the chains ppl before we are all gone. Please eat at a local restaurants which are locally owned and opperated.

If you need help finding one, we can assist.

I agree with your sentiments, Rod, but I also have to concur in the opinion that da Vinci would probably have failed to make its first year even in a booming economy.
no avatar
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

by David R. Pierce » Tue May 06, 2008 2:35 pm

Neal M wrote:Da Vinci's is the place in the old Buckheads location right? (OK, I've now officially lived here too long!)

If you'd said the old Chi-Chi's then maybe you've been here long enough.
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
The Original BBC Brewmaster
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm

Twin Cities, MN

by MikeG » Tue May 06, 2008 2:38 pm

On the old farm.
I am the original Mike G, never mind the impostor.

I am kind of a big deal.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Tue May 06, 2008 2:49 pm

Neal M wrote:Da Vinci's is the place in the old Buckheads location right? (OK, I've now officially lived here too long!) I really don't think that the economy had anything to do with their demise.

Have to agree with this statement, I don't believe the economy had anything to do with their closing. The quality of food and service had a lot more to do with it!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Tue May 06, 2008 3:46 pm

The economy is hurting everyone. I spoke to a GM last week that hit the nail on the head. "In times like these you don't get a second chance. We all need to be on our "A" game everyday. We can't afford to serve a bad meal or give mediocre service. If you do they are gone for good."
Da Vinci would have failed in a booming economy as another forumite indicated. Poor service, dirty restaurant and mediocre food just won't fly in the East end. Ultimately only the strong will survive. I hate that we are being strangled by the economy, but all of us are giving a second thought to giving second chances. IMO
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Tue May 06, 2008 8:05 pm

Unfortunately this place had a menu that was way too broad and too ambitious to consistantly pull off. Someone noted that it "worked better" as Buckhead's and I'm sorry to say I have to agree.
no avatar
User

Chris Hibbs

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:12 pm

by Chris Hibbs » Tue May 06, 2008 11:04 pm

Slightly off topic, but the best thing about that restaurant was that it shared a parking lot with that great car with all the crap stuck to it (must be owned by some free spirit that works at the Fresh Market or something).

I'll have to get a pic of it on here so others can see what I'm talking about, but you have to have a great sense of humor or an even greater stash to drive that...I think it even has a periscope.
no avatar
User

Paula B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:59 pm

by Paula B » Wed May 07, 2008 10:48 pm

I love seeing that car in the parking lot of fresh market. I keep trying to figure out who working there drives it, but haven't figured it out yet. My imagination has it being someone with various plastic figurines glued to their belt. :wink:

Has anyone else seen the car w/ all of the marbles glued to it resembling fish scales? I see him on blankenbaker in the industrial park a lot. I admire folks that have such fun w/ their rides.

Hopefully something decent will go in the old chi chi's space, da vinci's quality just didn't cut it.