Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Saturday Bridal Lunch?

User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Saturday Bridal Lunch?

by Kim H » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:57 am

A co-worker of mine is having a bridal shower this Saturday for lunch, and is looking for a good place to have it. She's expecting about 10 people, and is looking for something a little different, but not too expensive. They're open to an extent about ethnic restaurants, but something that had a little something for everyone would be preferred. I know that it being Derby Day could throw a wrench into the options, but was hoping to get some thoughts. TIA!
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Re: Saturday Bridal Lunch?

by Heather L » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:14 am

Depending on the weather, I think the outside courtyard at 211 Clover Lane would be fabulous!
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:57 pm

Because of Derby you may have some challenges. If you are up to a drive there is a fabulous place in Lexington Indiana that does all fresh product. I think it is the Butterfly Cafe, but if you are interested I'll get you more information.

Along the same lines in Scottsburg Indiana there is a nice place called Jeeves and Company on the square.

If you want to stay in Louisville you may try 60West Bistro on Shelbyville Road or the Patron, neither is overloaded at lunch on Saturdays
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:18 pm

Thanks much to Heather and Kurt! I will pass the info along - all sound like great choices. I'm not sure of how far they're willing to go, or if they prefer to keep it closer to home, but I'm keeping Kurt's suggestions for our future dining options for sure! And I will pass them along - getting away from the Ville on Sat. might sound like a good idea to them. Question - Is the Patron large enough for a party of 10 with a 'normal' lunch crowd in your opinion?

Heather - 211 is an awesome option, and I so appreciate the input. I asked her about inside/outside options, and she's afraid it will be too cold outside. Wonder if they have outdoor heaters - do you know? We can call, but it sounded like that wasn't a priority for her, but 211 sure would be a special venue, especially on that gorgeous patio. I'll put it on her list and let her decide.

Thanks again for the suggestions, and please keep them coming!
User

BrianW

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:30 pm

Behind Enemy Lines in the 9th District

by BrianW » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:02 pm

Happen to know that the Patron is having a 50 person wedding rehearsal luncheon this Saturday, just FYI. Not going though, and the knife set is going back to Dillards...
Liberalism is a 'no brainer'.
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Thu May 01, 2008 9:50 am

Kim H wrote:Thanks much to Heather and Kurt! I will pass the info along - all sound like great choices. I'm not sure of how far they're willing to go, or if they prefer to keep it closer to home, but I'm keeping Kurt's suggestions for our future dining options for sure! And I will pass them along - getting away from the Ville on Sat. might sound like a good idea to them. Question - Is the Patron large enough for a party of 10 with a 'normal' lunch crowd in your opinion?

Heather - 211 is an awesome option, and I so appreciate the input. I asked her about inside/outside options, and she's afraid it will be too cold outside. Wonder if they have outdoor heaters - do you know? We can call, but it sounded like that wasn't a priority for her, but 211 sure would be a special venue, especially on that gorgeous patio. I'll put it on her list and let her decide.

Thanks again for the suggestions, and please keep them coming!

With the normal lunch crowd yes, but given the 50 person wedding rehersal indicated in another post, I would say it probably isn't a good option this Saturday.
Since changing to 60 West Bistro from Cafe Emilie, lunch time is quieter. 60 West would be a great option, especially out on the patio area.
Kurt

User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Thu May 01, 2008 9:55 am

Kim - just talked to Amerigo and they would be able to accomidate a party of 10 for lunch on Saturday. If you decide to go call Brandie (the GM) 426-4040
Kurt