Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

More smoking rants

no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:55 pm

Amy Hoover wrote:I have to say, I agree with Aaron 100%. He has stated what I would like to say, but I generally tend to avoid confrontation at all costs. I think this thread in particular wasn't a place to vocalize anti-smoking sentiments.

I agree with you, and it is why I didn't post a response.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Cool!

by Robin Garr » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:25 pm

Linda C wrote:Thank you for posting all these smoking places. I will refrain from ever doing business there! keep them coming, please.

Aha! I just remembered that it's possible to "split" a topic with the new forum software. So now we have one thread for talking about restaurants that still have smoking sections, and a separate thread where people can rant about smoking.
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:39 pm

I'd rather you just eliminate it frankly...it just irritated me when all those places got exemptions. I had not been back to Baxter Ave and didn't realize they went smoke free. It was great in there! But it's just impossible to keep up with who's doing what. The litigation is in Judge Denise's court but I'm not sure when it will be tried. It's the Louisville Hospitality Coalition suing for unfair advantage to Churchill Downs.
I really do understandd the fear of change in the industry, but it seems that instead of trying it, they just immediately want to fight it.
Previous