Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

Jeff Ruby's - Saturday Wall Street Journal

by TP Lowe » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:41 pm

The Saturday Journal always has a feature on power tables at high-profile restaurants. Jeff Ruby's is featured this week (and they usually don't talk about restaurants in flyover states, so this is quite cool). Celebrities featured who visit include Jerry Bruckheimer, Owsley Brown Frazier, Rich Pitino, Fuzzy Zoeller and others. The power tables appear to be numbers 12 through 16 because they face the shark tank, but also 11-13 and 17, 18, 32 and 33.

This may be password protected, but if not the interactive feature is quite cool:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120916710443546261.html
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

Re: Jeff Ruby's - Saturday Wall Street Journal

by Andrew Mellman » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:05 pm

They likely wrote it up because of the Derby!

Especially because the article above it was about the perfect bourbon for a mint julep. The author judged all "standard" bourbons (rather than premium). The big winner was Evan Williams; the bottom of the barrel (excuse the pun) were Jim Beam and Makers Mark.

(BTW, we've eaten at Ruby's several times, and I've always ended up at a power table! Never knew I was such a celebrity . . . )
Andrew Mellman
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:51 pm

andrew mellman wrote:They likely wrote it up because of the Derby!

Especially because the article above it was about the perfect bourbon for a mint julep. The author judged all "standard" bourbons (rather than premium). The big winner was Evan Williams; the bottom of the barrel (excuse the pun) were Jim Beam and Makers Mark.

(BTW, we've eaten at Ruby's several times, and I've always ended up at a power table! Never knew I was such a celebrity . . . )
Don't forget O.J.!!
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
User

Steve Magruder

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:57 am

Louisville, KY - Iroquois/Auburndale area

by Steve Magruder » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:28 pm

Is Ruby's still taking Derby reservations? :)
Steve Magruder
Metro Foodist
no avatar
User

Neal M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:37 pm

Louisville

by Neal M » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:22 pm

I had checked on Open Table about 11:30 and they had no openings. I sure wasn't surprised!