Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

S Cruz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:42 pm

401 East Main St. @ Slugger Field

Re: sergios world beers

by S Cruz » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:26 am

Jackie R. wrote:S. Cruz: Surely you're into this too. I look forward to meeting you. Think we have some commonalities. Maybe you should be on the "bus" that is in the planning stages.

no can do anytime soon. i am very busy from now til after xmas. september, family time and persimmon festival (see persimmon post). october, GABF, oktoberfest, and beer school. november, family and thanksgiving across america (my family is rooted everywhere), december, family time, xmas in eastern ky (it requires a briefing and a debriefing.) the wife and i would love to attend, but its just not possible with whats on our plate. best to all.

scruz
Eat, Drink, and Be Merry.
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:35 am

S Cruz wrote:
xmas in eastern ky (it requires a briefing and a debriefing.)
scruz

Both the briefing and debriefing go best with soup beans and cornbread. One serving to ease you in and one to ease you out.
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:48 am

I'm down for the Saturday that works the best for you, Marsha. Should we call it? Saturday the 18th of October? What time? The big van sounds like it could get pretty pricey when a driver and gas are included for a simple drive to Shelbyville. It's a shame the van won't drive itself on our happy spirit fuel! We should just throw some bails of hay in the back of your pick up and load up like hillbillies!!! Seriously, though, I can be a designated driver, (maybe have 1 little bitty beer).
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

by David R. Pierce » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:37 pm

Jackie R. wrote:I'm down for the Saturday that works the best for you, Marsha. Should we call it? Saturday the 18th of October? What time? The big van sounds like it could get pretty pricey when a driver and gas are included for a simple drive to Shelbyville. It's a shame the van won't drive itself on our happy spirit fuel! We should just throw some bails of hay in the back of your pick up and load up like hillbillies!!! Seriously, though, I can be a designated driver, (maybe have 1 little bitty beer).

I'm in and will DD if someone has a van so Jackie can have more than one itty bitty beer.
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
The Original BBC Brewmaster
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:42 pm

Due to my wierd gene that causes almost all alcohol to taste like drinking perfume, I can be the DD, so no one feels deprived. Do not have a van though and I may have to bring my own liquid refreshment. Just so you all feel safe, remember I drove an ambulance for almost 30 years - how fast do you think a van full of happy beer drinkers can go? :wink:
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:48 pm

I vote Susie for DD! :mrgreen:
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:07 pm

Marsha L. wrote:I vote Susie for DD! :mrgreen:

I know this sounds silly, but every time I see DD, it briefly translates in my brain as, "drunk driver". So what's a DDDD? Designated driver drunk driving. Sounds like Suzi wants to emulate (without being drunk of course). I vote Suzi DDDD.
User

John Hagan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:38 pm

SPENCER CO. Lake Wazzapamani

by John Hagan » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:30 am

Is everybody cool with the 18th of October? Looks like we have a couple of volunteer DDs. Anne will be carting me home safely. Lets nail down the date and then see about a bus or van for all you city slickers. Anne was just reading this over my shoulder and wanted to know who was offering up their double D's.....
The tall one wants white toast, dry, with nothin' on it.
And the short one wants four whole fried chickens, and a Coke.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:32 am

John Hagan wrote:Is everybody cool with the 18th of October? Looks like we have a couple of volunteer DDs. Anne will be carting me home safely. Lets nail down the date and then see about a bus or van for all you city slickers. Anne was just reading this over my shoulder and wanted to know who was offering up their double D's.....

Sounds like a plan! Do we want to set approximate hours, subject to flexibility of course? Afternoon trip or evening?

Once we agree on this, we'll post a new summary in the Offlines forum, and I'm thinking maybe also create an "Event" in the Facebook LHB group.
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:40 am

What ever the title, just do not call me an "ambulance driver"- that is a major no-no!!! :wink:
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
User

John Hagan

{ RANK }

Foodie

by John Hagan » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:48 am

I say we should move this to the off line forum. Maybe we should get a roll call of who plans on attending? Is sat. 18 October good? Say late afternoon...
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:38 am

John Hagan wrote:I say we should move this to the off line forum. Maybe we should get a roll call of who plans on attending? Is sat. 18 October good? Say late afternoon...

Thanks for bringing this back up, John.

I do have Oct. 18 down as the date of consensus, and there was no real talk about time, but I think an early start is a good idea.

Let's keep this thread alive, and I'll post an announcement in Offlines referring to it.
User

John Hagan

{ RANK }

Foodie

by John Hagan » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:52 am

Just bumping this back up. I spoke with Sergio last night and he is looking forward to a visit from the forumites. See you on the 18th.
no avatar
User

Ellen P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:44 pm

by Ellen P » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:51 am

I guess none of you are UofL football fans :o Sat. Oct. 18th homecoming vs. Middle Tennessee State - the team that almost beat UK recently. I'll be in Green Lot A before and after the game. Section 106 during the game.
Went to BBC last night for UofL football game watch party and Oktoberfest. Fun. Today - Fringe Fest. May have to take our bikes and cruise around New Albany before the beer drinking begins. Looks like a wonderful day. Have fun at Sergios.
User

Matthew Landan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:17 pm

331 East Market Street

by Matthew Landan » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:46 pm

Awwwww poop, i can't come - gonna take a much needed mini vacation and do some canoeing and camping on the green river.
Owner
Haymarket
331 E. Market St.

Since I came down from Oregon, there's a lesson or two I've learned
Oh, oh the Pride of Cucamonga, of, of silver apples in the sun,
Yes, it's me, I'm the Pride of Cucamonga, I can see golden forests in the sun.
PreviousNext