Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

sergios world beers

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Sergio's today?

by Robin Garr » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:10 pm

The BIG offline kind of fell through, but I have the impression that John Hagan and his wife and maybe a few others are going out there anyway, and Mary and I are thinking about doing the same. We'll leave Crescent Hill a little before 5 p.m. and should get there around 5:30 or so.

We'll go even if it's just us, but out of curiosity, is anyone else still on for it?
no avatar
User

Andrea E

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:15 pm

La Grange, KY

Re: sergios world beers

by Andrea E » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:32 pm

We had to bail...cranky kids and mommy with a nasty cold in the making. Hope to make it out there sometime soon, and hope that everyone who makes it enjoys themselves. I'd love to see more offlines outside of the Watterson loop (even though I love those too)!
Q&A Sweet Treats Bakery & Dessert Cafe
211 South First Street
La Grange, KY 40031
502-265-0550
www.qasweettreats.com
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:43 pm

We wanted to go, and agonized over it, but I used a lot of my spare time up this week already, and I have a writing deadline AND a soup class at Campbell's on Monday, so we regretfully have to pass. I hope someone goes to keep John and Anne company!

Also, I was up this morning at the crack of dawn making this:

So, I need a cocktail and a nap. But I was just reading John's hilarious Sergio's review again - it really made me want to go!

*sigh* - Not enough hours in the day, sometimes.
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Rick G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:05 am

by Rick G » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:22 pm

Just wondering? Did anyone go? Any report?
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:09 am

Rick G wrote:Just wondering? Did anyone go? Any report?

Mary and I met the Hagans out there, Rick, and the four of us had a blast! I haven't posted yet because I intend to write it up for next week's Voice review, but I will in due course.

In short, though: It's NOT dirty. That post in this thread was one of the most wrong-headed observations I've ever seen here. It's bright, funky and fun. The beer selection is awesome, the food is quite good - we went with all Mexican, and I would rank the short menu high in the Aztecas/Nopalito Spanglish style, and the service, mostly by Mr. Sergio himself, is casual but beyond reproach. It's a keeper, and the best news of all is that they may well move in to the MIddletown area one of these days, putting it more within reach of the city.
no avatar
User

Rick G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:05 am

by Rick G » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:52 am

I guess I definitely need to try again, evidently things have really changed. It was over a year ago when I was there.
I'm looking forward to your review. Thanks!!
Previous