Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Queen of Sheba moving

no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

Queen of Sheba moving

by Leah S » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:43 pm

That's the Ethiopian restaurant in the noname motel on Bardstown Road , right? It's going to the former Mazoni's space.
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

Re: Queen of Sheba moving

by Richard S. » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:39 pm

I've always wanted to try that place, but something about the present location just creeps me out.
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:17 am

Richard S. wrote:I've always wanted to try that place, but something about the present location just creeps me out.

I ate at their former location when the restaurant was known as Abyssnia.

The food is incredible.

I haven't been back since the move to their present location, and partially due to the sentiments mentioned above.

The Mazoni's space would seem to be a much more inviting location.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:29 pm

I've eaten there a number of times over recent years and have even brought out-of -town guests there on several occasions. We've never had any complaints. I am happy to hear they are moving because I always saw their location as a handicap. This is certainly good news..................By the way, I drove past the "Blue Nile" in Iroquois plaza a few days ago (the old Bosnian-Mexican place). There are no sings of activity inside although the sign is still on the door. I eat in that area a lot and would LOVE to see an Ethiopian restaurant there.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Kimberly W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:22 pm

by Kimberly W » Mon May 19, 2008 2:31 pm

Looks like this place is getting ready to open. They have a sign up and looks like some redecorating has occurred... Has anyone heard of an opening date yet?

Thanks,

Kim
no avatar
User

Daren F

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:59 pm

Louisville, KY

by Daren F » Mon May 19, 2008 4:13 pm

They opened a few days ago . . . we arrived just as they were closing for lunch on Sunday so we didn't get to eat, but it does look very nice inside. Here are their hours from their website.

We are open:
Lunch Hours
Monday and Sunday 11:30 AM – 2:30 PM

Dinner Hours
Tuesday – Thursday 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Friday – Saturday 5:00 PM – 10:30 PM
Sunday 5:00 PM – 9:30 PM

Phone: 502-451-6301

Fax: 502-451-6408
no avatar
User

MichelleJ

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:47 am

Highlands

by MichelleJ » Mon May 19, 2008 7:06 pm

I ate there for the first time on Friday. The food was very, very good. The service was quite slow, but the friends we went with warned us that would be the case so we expected that.
Consuming Louisville
very good things to do, buy & eat in the River City

http://www.consuminglouisville.com