Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Outdoor Dining

no avatar
User

Kris Boltin

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:43 am

Louisville, KY

Outdoor Dining

by Kris Boltin » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:09 am

I'm relatively new to Louisville and I'm looking for a local Louisville place on the east end of town that has good outdoor patio for dinner. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Continually searching for the best in Louisville....
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Outdoor Dining

by Robin Garr » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:31 am

Kris Boltin wrote:I'm relatively new to Louisville and I'm looking for a local Louisville place on the east end of town that has good outdoor patio for dinner. Any suggestions?

There are dozens! Certainly Captains Quarters is famous for its acres of riverside patios, but a lot really depends on where you are and what style of patio you're in the mood for.

Here's a long list, the results of a poll we took last summer asking folks to pick their favorite patio/alfresco dining:

City's best outdoor dining

One small caution: Since the passage of Louisville's no-smoking law, the outdoor dining area at many restaurants has become the default smoking section. If you don't really like cigarette smoke drifting through your dinnner space, you might take a close look at the patio before you ask to be seated there.
no avatar
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:58 am

I feel obligated to mention Varanese, as we weren't open when the poll was taken. :D
no avatar
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:44 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Kris Boltin wrote:I'm relatively new to Louisville and I'm looking for a local Louisville place on the east end of town that has good outdoor patio for dinner. Any suggestions?

There are dozens! Certainly Captains Quarters is famous for its acres of riverside patios, but a lot really depends on where you are and what style of patio you're in the mood for.

Here's a long list, the results of a poll we took last summer asking folks to pick their favorite patio/alfresco dining:

City's best outdoor dining

One small caution: Since the passage of Louisville's no-smoking law, the outdoor dining area at many restaurants has become the default smoking section. If you don't really like cigarette smoke drifting through your dinnner space, you might take a close look at the patio before you ask to be seated there.

That poll should probably be updated as Azalea/Napa/BNA are now defunct or in transit......damn, I coulda been a contenda.....
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
no avatar
User

Wes P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:59 pm

Impellizzeri's Pizza

by Wes P » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:23 pm

Impellizzeri's 1381 Bardstown rd. 8 tables, seating for 32-36, 37" HD flat screen, with sound/music. It's the corner of Edgeland and Bardstown, great for people watching.
The Original Impellizzeri's Pizza
www.impellizzeris.com
no avatar
User

Jessica H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:25 pm

Crescent Hill

by Jessica H » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:10 pm

If you save room for dessert, Sweet Surrender has several outdoor tables both on our porch and in our courtyard.
Jessica Haskell
Owner
Sweet Surrender Dessert Cafe
http://www.sweetsurrenderdessertcafe.com
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

Corbetts

by Steve Shade » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:39 pm

Corbett's an American Place is opening the patio Tuesday night.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Thu May 01, 2008 4:08 pm

Love alfresco dining!

Some favorites:
The patio at Melillo's is great (as is their food!). They also have a bocche ball court.

Artemesia has a wonderful patio/courtyard with live jazz on weekends. (Open all weathers now that it can be glassed in)

Napa River Grill has their beautiful patio with vine covered pergolas.

Haven't done it yet, but that patio at Corbett's and their tables on the front veranda promise to be really great.

Deb
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Thu May 01, 2008 4:58 pm

I had overheard a server from Corbett's saying they were striving to get the patio open early, so I called there. Gina (FOH manager) told me it's already open, as of yesterday evening! She asked me to caution everyone that they are already booked on the patio for Oaks night and Derby night, but the patio's almost totally open tonight, after an early cocktail party, but easily accessible for drinks and then dinner after the party clears (but it's going to be really windy), and everyone can start enjoying al fresco dining at Corbett's beginning Monday evening.
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Thu May 01, 2008 5:41 pm

From a purely asthetic outdoor dining experience, you can't beat Rockys or Buckheads in J-Ville on the river. The balconies are huge and on a nice evening the few of downtown Louisville is impressive to out-of-towners. As for the food, well ........
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Thu May 01, 2008 11:25 pm

James Natsis wrote:From a purely asthetic outdoor dining experience, you can't beat Rockys or Buckheads in J-Ville on the river. The balconies are huge and on a nice evening the few of downtown Louisville is impressive to out-of-towners. As for the food, well ........

The food at both is quite good. The view is outstanding.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Chris Dunn

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:34 pm

Shepherdsville

by Chris Dunn » Fri May 02, 2008 10:05 am

Doogy R wrote:
James Natsis wrote:From a purely asthetic outdoor dining experience, you can't beat Rockys or Buckheads in J-Ville on the river. The balconies are huge and on a nice evening the few of downtown Louisville is impressive to out-of-towners. As for the food, well ........

The food at both is quite good. The view is outstanding.

I've had some good meals at Buckhead's, but I'm still waiting for my first above-mediocre meal at either Rocky's location.
no avatar
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Fri May 02, 2008 10:18 am

Carly Rae's in Old Louisville has a nice patio. The new chef there is fantastic, but I will let him reveal his name. I will say he is a forumite and frequent poster.

As for the Jeffersonville riverfront, best view on either side of the river, but Hooter's food is superior to either of the 3 river front locations.
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
no avatar
User

Eliza W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:24 pm

Indian Hills

by Eliza W » Fri May 02, 2008 2:29 pm

Seviche has opened its patio, and from the drive-by at least, it looks beautiful. It's on the East Side, and the food is far better than you'd get at a place such as the Captain's Quarters.
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Fri May 02, 2008 6:46 pm

Patio at Seviche is up and going....really nice meal out there the other night!
Next