Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Rick Adams at Captain's Quarters?

by Robin Garr » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:54 am

Doogy R wrote:Back to Rick Adams at Captain's Quarters. I dine there often and really didn't see the falling off stated here. I believe the Masterson's did a great job reviving the place. If it will be better, then more power to Rick. I drop in often during the warm season. Rick, I hope to meet you.

I third the motion. CQ went through a really down spell, but that was in the late '90s. Once Masterson's took over, they put things back into decent shape. Not a destination restaurant, maybe, but certainly more than passable.

If Chef Rick can kick it up another notch, better yet.
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:22 am

I'm sure you'll be great @ Capt. Quarters Mr. Adams. Just don't eliminate the fried banana pepppers from the menus. Those, a cold beer and a spot on the deck at dusk make for some of my most pleasnat dining memories!
Come on summer!
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

New deck.

by Doogy R » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:06 am

Leah s wrote:And now I'm looking forward to even better things! And in the summer the patio is fab!

Somewhere on the forum, I posted that they are redoing the big deck out back. I cannot wait to see the finished product. Ah, the wind blowing lightly through the old tress as the lazy river drifts downstream. A cold drink in one hand and some good food in the other. When I'm on the deck at CQ, life seems to revert to a long gone time and place.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

New deck at CQ.

by Doogy R » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:49 am

Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:58 am

Doogy R wrote:Back to Rick Adams at Captain's Quarters. I dine there often and really didn't see the falling off stated here. I believe the Masterson's did a great job reviving the place. If it will be better, then more power to Rick. I drop in often during the warm season. Rick, I hope to meet you.

This is good to know. I am not sure who was in charge of the kitchen lst time I ate there (it's been a while), but I would love to see food that matches that spectacular location.
User

Ned Weatherby

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:29 pm

LaGrange

Cool

by Ned Weatherby » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:25 pm

Well I would say Mastersons did a fabulous job considering before you would never go there for anything more than bar food but I am excited to try it once Rick takes over completely and does his thing
Good Eats
User

Dan Baumann

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:09 pm

by Dan Baumann » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:18 am

I third the motion. CQ went through a really down spell, but that was in the late '90s. Once Masterson's took over, they put things back into decent shape. Not a destination restaurant, maybe, but certainly more than passable.

If Chef Rick can kick it up another notch, better yet.

I would disagree, on one level anyway. CQ -is- a destination restaurant, in that I know when I have guests in town during the spring through fall months, it's always worth a trip there to show off the location and beautiful outside dining. Granted - the reason for the destination has never been the food - but it is a destination restaurant nonetheless.

Here's to hoping the change in chefs provides additional reasons to go there.
no avatar
User

Andrew Masterson

{ RANK }

Just got here

Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:19 am

On The River

Rick Adams at Captain's Quarters?

by Andrew Masterson » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:53 pm

We appreciate the kind and honest words from many of you. I would just like to add, from the owners of Captain's Quarters, that we are so happy to have Rick join our team. When we purchased CQ in 2003 from our father and his two brothers, our number one goal was to improve the food and service. While we feel we have made great strides, we know there is still a lot of work to do. Rick, we believe, is the cream of the crop in Louisville and we know he will put the finishing touches on our goal to be that "destination" restaurant, not just for the atmosphere, but for his food. Thanks again for the kind words, and I hope you all will come and see us soon! (and often!) - Andrew Masterson
Previous