Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Ellen P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:44 pm

Re: Frank's steak houses gone

by Ellen P » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:28 pm

I worked at langtry's. Daytime. Didn't want to work nights. What an experience. Lasted one year. One of the owners was a challenge:-) The California club salad at the Bristol is one of those that was on both menus I guess, Bristol and Langtrys. Always liked it. When the restaurant closed, Bim was heading to Lexington, but ended up staying in Louisville. It was a great interior. The Ballantines owned the house and they would occassionally dine at the restaurant.
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

by Bill Veneman » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:08 pm

I hate to see it, because it's right by my house....IMHO, the food was good, and I really never had a problem with the service, but must admit, I'd not been in about a month (maybe 6 weeks) before I noticed the sign on the door. Plus, the nephews enjoyed it, which is saying something when you can captivate the heart and stomach of a 9 and almost 11 year old.
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

RobMattheu

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:11 pm

by RobMattheu » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:24 pm

Mark R. wrote:
TP Lowe wrote:I've always thought that was a killer for the location - the traffic trying to get into or out of that location is terrible at noon.

The location never seemed to keep customers away what I was Garrett's! Oh wait, Garrett's actually had good food.

I worked at Garrett's from 1993 to 1995. One of the problems may be the ancient plumbing in the place. On more than one occasion the basement was flooded with waste water when the old sewer system couldn't handle the grease/water produced by the restaurant.

Garrett's had a rough go at the beginning with some questionable front of house management and a lawsuit in its first year or so. I will say that the training and kitchen staff was top notch.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:47 pm

By the way in case anybody hasn't heard this location is not going to become a florist shop. The deal for a second restaurant by the owners of the Village Anchor fell through and the building was bought by Country Squire Florists.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
Previous