Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Limestone

no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

Limestone

by Leah S » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:46 pm

Anybody know the average price for lunch? I'm going tomorrow and just wanted an idea.

Thanks.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Limestone

by Robin Garr » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:20 am

Leah s wrote:Anybody know the average price for lunch? I'm going tomorrow and just wanted an idea.

Thanks.

This may not be too helpful, but Limestone's Website shows a lunch and dinner menu without prices. If it's current, you can at least get an idea of the options, but be warned, it is a very, very bad Website, one that takes control of your browser, resizes it, throws pop-up windows and has the overall look and feel of a high-school Web-coding project. (I don't enjoy picking on them ... I love Limestone. But the amateurish Website doesn't reflect the quality of the restaurant.)

http://www.limestonerestaurant.com/
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:38 am

Yes, I'd already found the website, but was dismayed at finding noprices. This is the only restaurant website I've found in Louisville that doesn't publish prices. And you're correct. The ameteurish look of it is really almost shocking given the reputation of the restaurant.

I've found even in my small business, that my website is my front door and I want it to be as informative as possible. Heck I've even had a couple of Forumites ask me who created it. (Me!)
no avatar
User

John Mayhugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:56 pm

by John Mayhugh » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:21 am

Average price for lunch is $10-12 from what I remember. That includes the starter & dessert bar, which is a huge step up from a conventional salad bar.

Their lunch is a good value.
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:32 am

I am there several times a month for business meetings. Entrees, which include the starter bar (soups, salads and usually bread pudding for dessert) are indeed about $11. Two people can easily have lunch for $25, and they'll even give you a black napkin so you don't mess up your black suit!
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:09 pm

Just got back. Lunches are $11.95 including the starter bar which offers two soups, a bunch of different salads (pasta, creamy coleslaw, curry cauliflower, cucumber, tomatoes and feta, greens and a couple of others, I think) plus bread pudding with bourbon sauce, chocolate cake and cookies. The starter bar as your meal is $9.50 and could I be happy with that next time.

Except that I was really, really happy with my salmon over crawfish risotto accompanied by a few crisp tender green beans and carrot strips, napped in a tomato beure blanc. yum! I had the corn chowder with crawfish soup. It was rich, velvety and had a plenty of corn and crawfish. I'm an uber fan of sauces and this one was excellent.

My dining companion had the beef tips with mashed potatoes and the green beans and carrots. Her mango tea was proclaimed to be very good.

But here's my question: The waiter proudly declared that the tea is bottled just for Limestone. But bottled tea in this upscale venue? It's displayed in a beautiful hammered copper bowl, but bottled tea?

I have fond memories of the bread pudding with bourbon sauce at the Seelbach. This wasn't exactly the same, primarily due to the sauce. Some sauce seemed to be baked on top of the pudding, but the accompanying sauce tasted like sweetened sour cream and bourbon. Wasn't bad, but it was just different than what I remembered. but then this is a different restaurant. But the memories! The memories!
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:19 pm

Leah s wrote:Except that I was really, really happy with my salmon over crawfish risotto accompanied by a few crisp tender green beans and carrot strips, napped in a tomato beure blanc. yum!

That's my favorite dish on the menu, and I think the best, too. I really miss the Seelbach peanut butter pie ... the only sweets I would ever eat.