Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Bardstown additions

no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Bardstown additions

by James Natsis » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:09 pm

I drove up Bardstown earlier and saw a sign next to O'Sheas for "Derby City Hotdogs." (coming soon) There was also a sign across from Metro Cafe (where the Bosnian gyro place used to be??) called Pita Hut.
James J. Natsis
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Bardstown additions

by Robin Garr » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:47 pm

James Natsis wrote:I drove up Bardstown earlier and saw a sign next to O'Sheas for "Derby City Hotdogs." (coming soon) There was also a sign across from Metro Cafe (where the Bosnian gyro place used to be??) called Pita Hut.

Isn't Derby City Hotdogs a.k.a. Lonnie's II?

Anyway, thanks for reporting, James!
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

by James Natsis » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:54 pm

Robin,
Actually, no. There is a house right behind KFC that is under rehab. It faces Bardstown road but the workers are entering by the side door facing the KFC parking lot. I walked by there about two weeks ago and asked if it was Lonnie's. The guy said, "I don't know the name but I think its gonna be a hotdog place if that's what you mean." The Derby City Hot Dogs is in the little plaza next to O'Sheas where Cherry Bomb used to be....We'll see.....
James J. Natsis
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:58 pm

James Natsis wrote:Robin,
Actually, no. There is a house right behind KFC that is under rehab. It faces Bardstown road but the workers are entering by the side door facing the KFC parking lot. I walked by there about two weeks ago and asked if it was Lonnie's. The guy said, "I don't know the name but I think its gonna be a hotdog place if that's what you mean." The Derby City Hot Dogs is in the little plaza next to O'Sheas where Cherry Bomb used to be....We'll see.....

Ah, thanks for the clarification. So we'll have TWO hot-dog destinations on Bardstown? Maybe we really ARE going into a recession ... ;)
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

by James Natsis » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:33 pm

I'd be interested in a second opinion in case I was misled. Otherwise, I guess somebody thinks there are enough drunken hotdog lovers at Baxter and Bardstown to go around on Fri-Sat night!
James J. Natsis