Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Scott Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:36 am

Floyds Knobs, IN

Re: Weird Experience

by Scott Robinson » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:22 am

Matt Bates wrote:Should they even be charging tax on alcohol? Not the case in KY.

Indiana alcohol laws are very strange Matt, if you order from the actual bar itself you normally do not get charged tax, from a table (ala server) then you get charged tax...don't ask me... :roll:
-Always looking for the perfect spot for Football, Cold Beer and Great Food!
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:01 am

Ron Johnson wrote:
MikeG wrote:Thanks for giving me another reason to be glad I dont drink. 8 bucks for a beverage is ridiculous. Unless it's 2 or 3 gallons of said beverage.

sometimes the quality of a thing is more valued than the quantity of it. :wink:

Indeed. Drink less, drink better ... or was that drink more, still drink better?
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:23 pm

Scott Robinson wrote:
Matt Bates wrote:Should they even be charging tax on alcohol? Not the case in KY.

Indiana alcohol laws are very strange Matt, if you order from the actual bar itself you normally do not get charged tax, from a table (ala server) then you get charged tax...don't ask me... :roll:

In Ky, every establishment pays a sales tax on alcohol. If you as a customer do not pay it, it is considered inclusive on your drink. It's for transaction simplicity and tradition. But they are always paying the gov. 6% for every drink. I know of several Ky places that bill the tax to the customer.
User

Ward Wilson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:16 pm

Beargrass Creek watershed

by Ward Wilson » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:49 pm

Re all the upcharges - I feel like a rube cause I didn't know about them at all.
Re Speakeasy - off my list of potential dining spots due to deceptive bills (don't fret owners, we don't eat out much).
Re the haikus - thank you, they were great.
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:03 pm

High praise due to excellent summary!
Previous