Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Something new at Jucy's

no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

Something new at Jucy's

by robert szappanos » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:22 pm

Went by for lunch today and they now have smoked....not fried Bologna on the menu. I had my usual...a pound of ribs with onions...but they gave me a thick slice to taste. It is really good. Much better then fried bologna. They slice it the way you want. Next trip for lunch...smoked bologna will be on my menu.....but the ribs today were great...one of the very few places that you do not need any BBQ sauce on the meat....it tastse great already...why cover it up....... :D
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Something new at Jucy's

by Robin Garr » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:50 pm

robert szappanos wrote:Went by for lunch today and they now have smoked....not fried Bologna on the menu. I had my usual...a pound of ribs with onions...but they gave me a thick slice to taste. It is really good. Much better then fried bologna. They slice it the way you want. Next trip for lunch...smoked bologna will be on my menu.....but the ribs today were great...one of the very few places that you do not need any BBQ sauce on the meat....it tastse great already...why cover it up....... :D

As I recall, they had something like this at the barbecue place (Backyard?) that used to be in the Buckner roadside spot where Steve O's now resides. It was definitely a guilty pleasure, but ... get ready for it ... I liked it a lot. :P
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:52 pm

But that is what is nice about it...On the diet that I am on....I can eat it...low to no carb....I do remember that at back Yard BBQ. I was there once when the owner comes in with a long tube of bologna just out of the smoker....
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:09 pm

When I lived in Memphis I attended many a backyard bbq where bbq bologna was served. It was usually served as an appetizer while the pork shoulder cooked. I recall it being served with cheese, raw onion, and sprinkled with the dry rub.