Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Shiraz expanding.

no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Shiraz expanding.

by Doogy R » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:51 pm

One of my fave places in the Ville, Shiraz, is about to double their number of locations. In May, a new location is opening at Landis Lakes and in June on North Hurstbourne Parkway by Haverty's. I just had lunch at the Holiday Manor location Wednesday and as usual, it was excellent. I sure hope they'll be able to keep close tabs on quality control and the awesome customer care I have grown accustomed to receiving.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

Re: Shiraz expanding.

by Michelle R. » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:29 pm

I've been dying to try this place!
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

Rebecca Clark

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:57 pm

by Rebecca Clark » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:16 pm

I'm glad to hear about the N. Hurstbourne location! I went out to Holiday Manor a couple of weeks ago and the service was not what it was at the Frankfort location. I had just resigned myself to making the trek because I will not go back to the one on Holiday Manor. I love the guys down on Frankfort ... they have always been so gracious. The person waiting on me at Holiday Manor was anything but ... Oh well, I guess we all have our bad days.

Anyways, GREAT NEWS!!!! :)
"Save the neck for me, Clark!" - Cousin Eddie
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm

Twin Cities, MN

by MikeG » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:14 pm

WIth one opening right by work (Hurstbourne) I will OD on falafel.
I am the original Mike G, never mind the impostor.

I am kind of a big deal.
no avatar
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:28 am

Doogy R wrote:I sure hope they'll be able to keep close tabs on quality control and the awesome customer care I have grown accustomed to receiving.

From what I know, they currently prepare all of their food for both stores out of a single, owner-operated commissary. This almost guarantees solid quality at all locations. It is when you farm food production out to an independent commissary that you run the risk of inconsistency in food quality. Shiraz has a great product and I wish them nothing but the utmost success! I love their hummus!
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:54 pm

Just noticed there is now a "Coming Soon - Shiraz" sign at the North Hurstbourne location. Let's hope "soon" is really "soon!"
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:15 pm

I've been told from good sources that both the new locations are franchises- unlike the Holiday Manor location which Ramin owns ( and is working at several times I've been there).

Not sure of any implications: just passing on the info.

Deb
no avatar
User

NicoleC

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:09 pm

Cherokee Triangle

by NicoleC » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:50 pm

The last time I was in there, Ramin said that he was also looking at the spot in the Douglass Loop next to The Pink Door.
no avatar
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:06 pm

ahhh... that would be "The Deli at Douglass Loop". I'm ashamed I did not go there often enough. I enjoyed it. I enjoy Shiraz as well, but enough is enough. I don't support expansion at that multitude. Even at the risk of making this, "that type of discusion". I do love Shiraz based on my several visits, and it definately is not up to me if they thrive as a regional chain, but they're becoming just that. I wish "The Deli" could have made a go. They had good sandwiches, beer, and a vision. (weeping)
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:21 pm

Deb Hall wrote:I've been told from good sources that both the new locations are franchises- unlike the Holiday Manor location which Ramin owns ( and is working at several times I've been there).

Not sure of any implications: just passing on the info.

Very similar to the J. Gumbo model, then. I hope Ramin keeps close tabs on the franchises.
no avatar
User

Tina M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:21 pm

Highlands

by Tina M » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:29 pm

NicoleC wrote:The last time I was in there, Ramin said that he was also looking at the spot in the Douglass Loop next to The Pink Door.

Seriously?! That would be so awesome!
no avatar
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:45 am

The two keys, as I see them, to successful franchising (or any significant expansion) is quality of product and quality of experience (atmosphere). Those two things must be consistently maintained throughout all locations in order to ensure the success of all the stores. Too much inconsistency in those areas will scare off regular customers and make repeat business difficult to establish.

Fortunately for Ramin he is doing the smart and right thing by having a company owned, controlled, and operated commissary producing the food. Putting your production in the hands of outsiders is risky. No one knows your food better than you do, trusting someone else to be able to duplicate what you do at your level is a big step.

It will be interesting to see how the stores he does not own perform.

Best wishes to all the great folks at Shiraz! :D
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Dawn D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:51 pm

by Dawn D » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:05 pm

Tina M wrote:
NicoleC wrote:The last time I was in there, Ramin said that he was also looking at the spot in the Douglass Loop next to The Pink Door.

Seriously?! That would be so awesome!

The last time we were there (about a week or two ago), he confirmed this is a possibility. However, it probably wouldn't be any time soon. He was talking in about a year, give or take. Too many other irons in the fire with the other openings. I'm hoping he does though! Shiraz, that close to home, would be fantastic!
no avatar
User

Casey J.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:39 pm

Elizabethtown + Prospect

by Casey J. » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:38 pm

I hope they consider a Norton Commons location.
The path to progress, though not always smooth, was blazed by men of restless intelligence, tinkerers seized with a vision of change.
no avatar
User

KatGallagher

{ RANK }

Just got here

Thu May 15, 2008 5:38 pm

by KatGallagher » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:15 pm

I'm really excited about this.

Now I will have one right next to my office and one right next to my home.

I'm destined to have an ample supply of kabobs and tziki sauce.
Next