Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Anyone been to Volare lately?

no avatar
User

Gretchen D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:18 pm

the Highlands

Anyone been to Volare lately?

by Gretchen D. » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:23 am

I know this has been a forum favorite, but I haven't heard much written since the chef changes. We are considering taking some friends there and I'd like to confirm that it is still deserving of all the previous praise. Thanks!
no avatar
User

Broc Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: Anyone been to Volare lately?

by Broc Smith » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:01 am

I'm a fan. I see Chef Joshua Moore doing some very creative and interesting things with desserts/pastries. The scallop appetizer was excellent last time.
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:49 am

We went Valentines day. The place, including the new private room, was packed. Even so, service and food couldn't have been better. Also have been one other time since the change.

Volare has not missed a beat with the change from Chef Mcgarity.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:03 am

Gretchen D. wrote:I know this has been a forum favorite, but I haven't heard much written since the chef changes. We are considering taking some friends there and I'd like to confirm that it is still deserving of all the previous praise. Thanks!

What the others said ... Dallas is an outstanding chef, but so is Josh. They worked together before, and Josh stepped into the top spot without missing a beat. And of course having Majid & Co. in the front of the house is a good thing. Go with confidence. You'll be happy. The only tough choice about upscale Italian dining in this town is deciding whether to go to Volare or Primo on any given evening. :)
no avatar
User

Gretchen D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:18 pm

the Highlands

by Gretchen D. » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:28 pm

Flawless.

The food was fabulous, and the only thing that out shined the food was the service. I agree, Volare has not missed a beat since the chef changes. They went above and beyond and printed up a couple of special menus for our guests (sans prices)... we were treating friends who normally don't dine upscale, and we wanted them to order whatever they wanted. Special thanks to Shelly & Majid!