Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Broc Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:56 pm

Asiatique Dinner In The Dark, sort of...

by Broc Smith » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:44 am

Chef Peng Looi is doing a blindfolded dinner in conjunction with the Idea Fest.

I can't tell you what the courses are, but I would bet a large sum of money that most people haven't had an experience like this.

Another person and myself had to pair wine/cocktails with each course. It was probably the most challenging pairing I've ever attempted. The food and experience (minus one sense) should be great.

Has anyone Dined in the Dark? It seems to be a new fad in dining and is showing up in pop culture...

Great opportunity to take out that person you like but don't want to be seen with???

I believe the dinner is on the 17th, but call Richard at Asiatique for all of the details they are willing to give. Tell him Broc sent you, if you will.

Here's their contact info:

Asiatique Restaurant + Catering
1767 Bardstown Rd
Louisville, KY 40205-5006
t- 502-451-2749
f- 502-451-2797
http://www.asiatiquerestaurant.com
no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

Re: Asiatique Dinner In The Dark, sort of...

by Robin F. » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:20 am

It is the 17th (Thursday) and tickets can be had on the IdeaFestival website, http://www.ideafestival.com. And no, I don't work for IF or Chef Looi, I just happend to have interviewed him yesterday about the event. It sounds very cool.
no avatar
User

Jeff U

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:57 pm

Highlands

Re: Asiatique Dinner In The Dark, sort of...

by Jeff U » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:01 am

I am participating in a "Dinner in the Dark" in San Francisco Tuesday evening. It is a benefit at the Ritz Carlton - should be interesting. I had heard a similar event in LA recently was a huge success. I will report back on the experience.