Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Rumors.

no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Rumors.

by Doogy R » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:35 pm

I post on a lot of boards and piss off a lot of people because I am so outspoken. They still love me though because I provide a wealth of knowledge and personal experience that adds to the boards, including this one. One thing that seems to run rampant over all the boards are rumors. This one isn't so bad, but it still occurs. Please, if you are going to post about a rumor, at least have some semblance of fact to back it up. I am sure I'll receive some guff for this post, but a lot of rumors never pan out, waste people’s time and could hurt our local businesses.

Robin, if you think I am out of line with this post, feel free to delete it. Anymore, I am beginning to feel like Carl Brown. And, to me, that isn't a bad thing. Or is the abyss staring back at me?
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Rumors.

by Robin Garr » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:37 pm

Doogy R wrote:Robin, if you think I am out of line with this post, feel free to delete it.

Naah, I'll just leave it and let everyone draw their own conclusions. :roll:
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:41 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Doogy R wrote:Robin, if you think I am out of line with this post, feel free to delete it.

Naah, I'll just leave it and let everyone draw their own conclusions. :roll:

Most excellent. Thanks. Evidently you disagree, but that is how we all get along. Agree to disagree. BTW, see you at BJ's. Remember, we met at the old Saffron's buffet.
Last edited by Doogy R on Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Bert Baker

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:57 pm

by Bert Baker » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:42 pm

Doogy R wrote:I post on a lot of boards and piss off a lot of people because I am so outspoken. They still love me though because I provide a wealth of knowledge and personal experience that adds to the boards, including this one. One thing that seems to run rampant over all the boards are rumors. This one isn't so bad, but it still occurs. Please, if you are going to post about a rumor, at least have some semblance of fact to back it up. I am sure I'll receive some guff for this post, but a lot of rumors never pan out, waste people’s time and could hurt our local businesses.

Robin, if you think I am out of line with this post, feel free to delete it. Anymore, I am beginning to feel like Carl Brown. And, to me, that isn't a bad thing. Or is the abyss staring back at me?

"That's just my opinion. If you don't like it......."
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:43 pm

Bert Baker wrote:
Doogy R wrote:I post on a lot of boards and piss off a lot of people because I am so outspoken. They still love me though because I provide a wealth of knowledge and personal experience that adds to the boards, including this one. One thing that seems to run rampant over all the boards are rumors. This one isn't so bad, but it still occurs. Please, if you are going to post about a rumor, at least have some semblance of fact to back it up. I am sure I'll receive some guff for this post, but a lot of rumors never pan out, waste people’s time and could hurt our local businesses.

OMG, LOVE IT. And if you don't like it, sue me. Classic stuff.
no avatar
User

Bert Baker

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:57 pm

by Bert Baker » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:10 pm

Doogy R wrote:
Bert Baker wrote:

OMG, LOVE IT. And if you don't like it, sue me. Classic stuff.

Just don't go round spreadin' rumors.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:17 pm

I won't, but did you just hear......
no avatar
User

Clay Cundiff

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:54 am

by Clay Cundiff » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:46 am

OMG, did you guys hear that Cracker Barrel is buying Vincenzo's? My mother's hairdresser's nephew's dog's vetrinarian's wife said she saw it a post about it on MySpace!
no avatar
User

Bill D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:13 pm

Louisville, KY

by Bill D » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:56 am

Doogy,
I always enjoy reading your posts. About rumors, you are right, they can waste people's time and stir up the muck. If you ever hear a "rumor" from me count it as fact. If I know something to be true but have not been given the go ahead to make it public, I will post it as a rumor to get the ball rolling. Post on and on and Good Eats to you and all.
Bill D
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:25 pm

Hey Clay i hope that happens...It will be an improvment....and maybe lower prices too....
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:13 pm

Doogy, I'm Sure You Thought You'd Hear From Me On This One And I Didn't Want To Disappoint You. I Believe The Best Way To Prove Or Disprove A Rumor Is To Put It Out For Comments To Get The Facts From Someone In The Know. If A Rumor Floats Around Hidden It Spreads Like Wildfire. It It Is Put Out In The Open The True Facts Will Become Evident And The Rumor Will Die If Untrue. I Know Your Opinion Doesn't Agree With Mine But That's Why This Forum Is So Great, We Can Agree To Disagree!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"