Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

The old Bosnian, Cuban, Mexican place

no avatar
User

JimmyShaw

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:30 am

The old Bosnian, Cuban, Mexican place

by JimmyShaw » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:35 am

This is the place in Iroquois Manor across the parking lot from ValuMarket. It is now closed and there's a sign on the window that says "The Nile Restaurant" coming soon. Anyone know anything about it?
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: The old Bosnian, Cuban, Mexican place

by Robin Garr » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:14 am

JimmyShaw wrote:This is the place in Iroquois Manor across the parking lot from ValuMarket. It is now closed and there's a sign on the window that says "The Nile Restaurant" coming soon. Anyone know anything about it?

Good eye, Jimmy! News to me, although the name implies something African, if not specifically Egyptian. "Blue Nile" is very common for Ethiopian restaurants, but I believe the former Manoosh's, then Saffron's Buffet, has claimed that name locally for now.

First one who gets out there after it's open, please file a report. It's awfully hard to go out to Iroquois Manor and NOT go to Vietnam Kitchen, though!
no avatar
User

JimmyShaw

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:30 am

by JimmyShaw » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:54 am

I work in one of the old Naval Ordinance buildings and let me tell you there is no shortage of great cheap lunch spots around here. Vietnam Kitchen is definitely one, but don't forget Santa Fe Grill, J&R Bakery for their gyros, ValuMarket's Cubanos and new hot bar, Frank's,.....the list goes on and on.
no avatar
User

Steve Magruder

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:57 am

Louisville, KY - Iroquois/Auburndale area

by Steve Magruder » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:01 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
JimmyShaw wrote:This is the place in Iroquois Manor across the parking lot from ValuMarket. It is now closed and there's a sign on the window that says "The Nile Restaurant" coming soon. Anyone know anything about it?

Good eye, Jimmy! News to me, although the name implies something African, if not specifically Egyptian. "Blue Nile" is very common for Ethiopian restaurants, but I believe the former Manoosh's, then Saffron's Buffet, has claimed that name locally for now.

First one who gets out there after it's open, please file a report. It's awfully hard to go out to Iroquois Manor and NOT go to Vietnam Kitchen, though!

I'd have the hungers for VK even after going to two holiday dinners in a row. :)

Seriously, I'm not sad that the subject restaurant closed -- I once went in there to try them out, and they were totally dead, and to top that, they pretty much ignored our presence -- so, naturally, we walked out and went to trusty ol' VK instead.
Steve Magruder
Metro Foodist