Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Derrick Dones

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:02 am

Re: Louisville Originals. Too hot to handle.

by Derrick Dones » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:34 pm

I love the concept behind LO, and have used quite a few of the discounted gift certificates from the site. I would also be inclined to agree with Susanne...the $$$ that consumers pay for those gift certificates has to go somewhere. My "guestimate" is that the sale of one quarter worth of gift certs brings in about $18K. Managing a website is not that expensive...where does this money go? Please do not confuse this post as any sort of an acusation...I am just curious. Thanks. DD
no avatar
User

Clay Cundiff

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:54 am

by Clay Cundiff » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:14 pm

Where does the money go? Did you notice that the very nice person who responded to the O.P.'s email works for an advertising agency? Those folks don't work cheap. When we utilized the services of a very talented public relations person at the restaurant I used to work at, they were paid more each week than any of the chefs or managers, and they only worked on our account for 5 or 10 hours per week. The chefs and managers were all working 60 to 70 hours per week. Having someone get you free publicity isn't exactly free.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:37 pm

Clay Cundiff wrote:Where does the money go? Did you notice that the very nice person who responded to the O.P.'s email works for an advertising agency? Those folks don't work cheap. When we utilized the services of a very talented public relations person at the restaurant I used to work at, they were paid more each week than any of the chefs or managers, and they only worked on our account for 5 or 10 hours per week. The chefs and managers were all working 60 to 70 hours per week. Having someone get you free publicity isn't exactly free.

Actually, I find the rise in paid public relations in the Louisville restaurant industry rather disheartening. Any sharp restaurateur either knows how to get publicity, or should. It's not rocket science, and it's a shame to see business people on a restaurant's tight margin paying serious bucks for this, particularly in cases where the people hauling in the pay don't have serious journalism experience themselves.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:06 am

Clay Cundiff wrote:Where does the money go? Did you notice that the very nice person who responded to the O.P.'s email works for an advertising agency? Those folks don't work cheap. When we utilized the services of a very talented public relations person at the restaurant I used to work at, they were paid more each week than any of the chefs or managers, and they only worked on our account for 5 or 10 hours per week. The chefs and managers were all working 60 to 70 hours per week. Having someone get you free publicity isn't exactly free.

Then why isn't that well paid ad agency keeping up the LO site ? And better yet, even improving it. Maybe some strong questions need to be posed to that ad agency. I know they gave me a nice response, but if you were paying them a lot of money would you accept this reply.

"However Rome wasn't built in a day."

Sorry dude, that was 2-3 thousand years ago. Get in touch with NOW.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:55 am

oy vey. :roll:
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:48 am

Ron Johnson wrote:oy vey. :roll:

awwww, man. :roll:
no avatar
User

Steve Magruder

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:57 am

Louisville, KY - Iroquois/Auburndale area

by Steve Magruder » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:55 pm

I'd be happy to do a significant degree of web work for Louisville Originals as an in-kind trade, such as a link back to my services site, or discount coupons to local restaurants. If this sounds doable, let's set it up.
Steve Magruder
Metro Foodist
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:38 pm

Steve Magruder wrote:I'd be happy to do a significant degree of web work for Louisville Originals as an in-kind trade, such as a link back to my services site, or discount coupons to local restaurants. If this sounds doable, let's set it up.

You may want to contact this person. Evidently he works for the ad agency Louisville Originals uses.

Kerry DeMuth
President
Schneider DeMuth Advertising, Inc.
Kerry.DeMuth@sdausa.com
118 W. Breckinridge Street
Louisville, KY 40203
(502) 635-7171
Fax (502) 635-7425
Previous