Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

St Louis

no avatar
User

Bryan Shepherd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Between Here and There

St Louis

by Bryan Shepherd » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:59 pm

Can you guys help with some restaurants in or around St louis, MO? We are taking a family trip which includes 4 children ages 6-12. There will also be 6 adults. We are flexible with what we like, but would prefer casual dress. Any of the really "good" bbq places would be high on the list.

Thanks in advance.........
BShep
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

Re: St Louis

by TP Lowe » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:16 pm

One of my favorite's is Pietro's - located on The Hill. Here's a link where you can take a look at their menu:

http://www.pietrosdining.com/
no avatar
User

Scott_Shreffler

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:05 pm

by Scott_Shreffler » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:17 pm

If you are looking for pizza, you aren't gonna get much better than Blackthorn. Any of the restaurants on The Hill would be good. But, my absolute favorite place in that entire city is Anthonino's Taverna (I hope I got that spelling correct). It is an Italian/Greek restaurant. The best toasted Ravioli in the city, and quite possibly the best meatballs I have ever had. Of course, if you would like to try some good beer, we (Schlafly) have two restaurants. The Schlafly Tap Room is downtown on Locust street. It is more casual pub food. The best fish and chips I have ever had, by the way. We also have Schlafly Bottleworks which is on Southwest Ave in Maplewood. The food there is a little more ecclectic, but still top notch. If you go to our website, http://www.schlafly.com, you can see menues for both locations. Hope these recommendations helped. Have a great time in STL.

Scott Shreffler
Schlafly Beer
Life is too short to drink cheap beer.
-Hunter S. Thompson
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:53 pm

no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:11 am

Hi! I just got back from 3 days in St Louis. My daughter is going to attend SLU next year. :-)

Today was a beautiful sunny day there. We walked for miles in Forest Park and had a very nice breakfast at The Boathouse. I mention this because of the kids. You can rent paddleboats there, as well as sit in rocking chairs, feed the ducks and enjoy the many dogs who sit with owners at the outside tables. We were told to get there early for breakfast/brunch and it was perfect at 10 a.m.

My daughter and I also enjoyed LaClede's landing- the sushi was great at the Drunken Fish. Probably not a good choice for your group, however. Union Station has Hard Rock and Landry's Seafood. One of my friends also mentioned Blueberry Hill in the loop. It's supposed to be great fun. We just plum ran out of time!!!

St Louis has really cleaned up the city. I was impressed...EXCEPT... they don't have any smoking bans. The restaurants and our 4 star Hilton were smoky. I really noticed it a lot, what a shame.
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:51 am

Linda C wrote:Hi! I just got back from 3 days in St Louis. My daughter is going to attend SLU next year. :-)

Today was a beautiful sunny day there. We walked for miles in Forest Park and had a very nice breakfast at The Boathouse. I mention this because of the kids. You can rent paddleboats there, as well as sit in rocking chairs, feed the ducks and enjoy the many dogs who sit with owners at the outside tables. We were told to get there early for breakfast/brunch and it was perfect at 10 a.m.

My daughter and I also enjoyed LaClede's landing- the sushi was great at the Drunken Fish. Probably not a good choice for your group, however. Union Station has Hard Rock and Landry's Seafood. One of my friends also mentioned Blueberry Hill in the loop. It's supposed to be great fun. We just plum ran out of time!!!

St Louis has really cleaned up the city. I was impressed...EXCEPT... they don't have any smoking bans. The restaurants and our 4 star Hilton were smoky. I really noticed it a lot, what a shame.

Congrats. SLU is a great school. SLU has really led the way in revitalizing that area of town. Union Station and Lacledes Landing are fun, but a bit like 4th Street Live. Good call on the Boathouse at Forest Park. Forest Park is really an amazing place.

The Delmar Loop in U. City, the Central West End, South Grand, and Lafayette Square are neighborhoods with a more local feel and great restaurants. Blueberry Hill makes a mean burger.

There is also the Hill, which is a real Little Italy, not just a movie set version of it. My brother lives there and loves it. A great Italian restaurant on every corner . . . who can beat that?
no avatar
User

Tom Holstein

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:55 am

Derby City :)

by Tom Holstein » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:05 am

TP Lowe wrote:One of my favorite's is Pietro's - located on The Hill. Here's a link where you can take a look at their menu:

http://www.pietrosdining.com/

I second up Pietro's....great neighborhood Italian.

While in the area BE SURE to stop by Ted Drewes for Outstanding Custard. Oh what I'd give for a Hot Fudge concrete.... :D
There's a link showing map to Chippewa location here:
http://www.teddrewes.com/Drewes.asp