Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Re: CJ reviews El Toro ... but is it "Tex-Mex"?

by Doogy R » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:01 pm

Ron Johnson wrote:
robert szappanos wrote:Ron...There is a place called Fiesta Time Mexican Grille. It is locate across from the Wal Mart off of Westport Road on Chamberlain Lane. The food is very good....If we can get together one day Ill buy you lunch...

that's a deal.

You may want to call them up to see if they are still opened. When I went to Cachtio Mio the other day, they looked closed. Also, their website no longer exists.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Chris Hibbs

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:12 pm

by Chris Hibbs » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:07 pm

Ron,
I'm glad that you enjoyed The Real Enchilada...I was taken there by some of my colleagues when I visited our NKY office and was pleasantly suprised.

I'm struggling here in Louisville so far to find consistently good Tex-Mex / Mexican food. I have to typically scout out new places to eat either during lunch or when my wife is out of town, as my wife isn't quite as adventurous as I am, so it's my job to filter the good stuff from the not-so-good prior to taking the family there. Since I work in the East End, so much of my "field work" happens there and unfortunately, it's a sea of Moe's, Qdoba, etc. We like some of the dishes at El Caporal pretty well and several of the staff are very nice, so we usually end up there by default. I really like El Mundo, but to me, it's a somewhat different animal.

I'm hoping that someone is going to come on this thread with the end-all, be-all Tex-Mex recommendation that becomes a family institution :D

Until then, I patiently await.
Chris
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:10 pm

Just called them and they are still open......
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:35 pm

robert szappanos wrote:Just called them and they are still open......

I'm glad to hear that. I hadn't been in a while even though I like the place. I like to hang at the bar, drink a margarita or 2, then order up something good to eat. It's nothing fancy, but I sure do like it and the prices are right.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:09 pm

They are a real good place...We used to go to El Napol on Goose Creek Road until this place opened up...I like there food much better and there is always a coupon floating around for them....actually it seems that there are always coupons for a lot of mexican places around town..... :)
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:50 am

I sooooooooo want a burrito right now. The problem is: it's 5:45 AM.
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Adrian Baldwin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:29 pm

Louisville, KY

by Adrian Baldwin » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:05 pm

Ha, some of you are WAY to into all these 'categories'. Gimme a break...

I enjoy El Nopal & the like on occasion, maninly for their Queso Fundido! :shock: ...

...but recently stick to the Taqueria's & authentic shops on Preston. Been hitting La Torta Loca a lot of late (right beside Luna's), and love everything I've had thus far.

Their guac has some serious kick to it!
Previous