Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Pie Pantry

no avatar
User

Wayde H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:32 pm

Pie Pantry

by Wayde H » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:18 pm

Went to the Pie Pantry today for the first time and my wife and I both enjoyed the pies that we ate. I got the caramel apple pie for 2.95 for a rather large portion, while my wife got the pecan chocolate pie that is similar to a licensed pie served at most stores. Both pies were excellent, and they had many more choices to choose from. The concept is similar to Pie and Ice cream kitchen before the expansion, with the major exception being the Ehrler's ice cream instead of the dozens of varieties at homemade pie and ice cream kitchen. The servings that we had were larger at the pie pantry, and many of the selections are similar. I also purchased two quarts of the Ehlers ice cream to take home for the week. It is about time the DIxie Hwy area got something like this and I definetly hope that they do well.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Pie Pantry

by Robin Garr » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:13 am

Wayde H wrote:It is about time the DIxie Hwy area got something like this and I definetly hope that they do well.

Awwright! Although I don't hail from that end of town, I'm always happy to see the Southwest add another locally owned and operated eatery. We'll have to get out and check it out ... hmmm ... maybe lunch at Taco Tico followed by dessert at the Pie Pantry?