Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Pita Pantry fans

User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

Pita Pantry fans

by carla griffin » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:40 am

I heard it through the grape vine (the colloquialism not the restaurant)that the folks that used to own the Pita Pantry on Eastern Parkway are opening a new restaurant on Bardstown in the Highlands. Next to Grateful Threads. Pita Hut maybe?
Ummmmmm hummussssss :!:
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Pita Pantry fans

by Robin Garr » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:13 am

carla griffin wrote:I heard it through the grape vine (the colloquialism not the restaurant)that the folks that used to own the Pita Pantry on Eastern Parkway are opening a new restaurant on Bardstown in the Highlands. Next to Grateful Threads. Pita Hut maybe?
Ummmmmm hummussssss :!:

Now I'm getting confused among my pitas, Carla! Aladdin's, which was on Eastern Parkway just a door or two east of Baxter, was outstanding, but when they moved into the building on Bardstown that later became Seviche, they didn't last long. I thought Pita Pantry was the place that moved down Barret to a short-lived existence in what is now The Monkey Wrench. But it's early, I haven't had my coffee, and I've probably got this all wrong ...
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

by carla griffin » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:22 pm

Frankly Robin I would doubt my memory before yours, at least on restaurants. But I think Aladdins and Pita Pantry were both owned by the same family. Maybe I just got the names crossed. :oops:
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

Mohammad I

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon May 19, 2008 5:20 pm

by Mohammad I » Tue May 20, 2008 6:23 pm

HI,

My name is Mohammad my father and I own the Pita Hut. My fathers two previous restaurants were in fact Pita Pantry on Eastern parkway then he moved to Bardstown road changing the name to Aladdins Cafe. We are back with a similiar menu adding a couple of american sandwiches on fresh pita for people without an adventurous tongue!! We are located at 1613 Bardstown Rd. 409-8484 Looking forward to seeing all of our old fans :D
User

Tony D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:29 am

by Tony D. » Tue May 20, 2008 10:40 pm

I never made it to Aladdins but I have fond memories of the Pita Pantry. Good luck at the new location, hope to visit soon.
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Wed May 21, 2008 12:16 am

LOVED Aladdin's. We'll see you soon! :D
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Thu May 22, 2008 6:57 pm

That is wonderful news. Many of my first favorite food memories include every one of the former highlands Mediterranean eateries. What former spot exactly will you be occupying and where is The Pita Hut?
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Thu May 22, 2008 7:12 pm

carla griffin wrote:I heard it through the grape vine (the colloquialism not the restaurant):

Is there a restuarant called The Grape Vine, or are you thinking of The Grape Leaf? It's cool if you goofed, I'm not trying to tease you, just really wondering.
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

by carla griffin » Thu May 22, 2008 8:08 pm

Ooopps! You're absolutely right. All that was really thinking of was a Middle Eastern restaurant. :-p :oops:
Carla
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Thu May 22, 2008 8:21 pm

Jackie R. wrote:That is wonderful news. Many of my first favorite food memories include every one of the former highlands Mediterranean eateries. What former spot exactly will you be occupying and where is The Pita Hut?

Bardstown Road across the street from Sitar and Sapporo
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Thu May 22, 2008 8:36 pm

Ahhh, but I know those spaces so well and have a need to know exactly where. I'm a highlands alum that doesn't pay enough attention when I pass through. Thanks for the information given, though. You have to know, Kurt, that I always find your deliverance timely...
User

Tom Holstein

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:55 am

Derby City :)

by Tom Holstein » Thu May 22, 2008 9:07 pm

Jackie R. wrote:Ahhh, but I know those spaces so well and have a need to know exactly where. I'm a highlands alum that doesn't pay enough attention when I pass through. Thanks for the information given, though. You have to know, Kurt, that I always find your deliverance timely...

Duh, duh ..duh duh duh........ :lol: Scary...