Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Group outing

no avatar
User

Kris Billiter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Downtown

Group outing

by Kris Billiter » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:27 am

Hey gang. some of my fellow workers in our student ministry are wanting to go out for a group dinner next week on Wednesday or Thursday. Probably looking at a group of 10-12, mostly college/seminary students so nothing to expensive, and most of the group is really into the local food scene. I have some ideas, but thought I would see what you all had to say. Thanks for any input and have a great day!

Kris
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Group outing

by Robin Garr » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:48 am

Kris Billiter wrote:Hey gang. some of my fellow workers in our student ministry are wanting to go out for a group dinner next week on Wednesday or Thursday. Probably looking at a group of 10-12, mostly college/seminary students so nothing to expensive, and most of the group is really into the local food scene. I have some ideas, but thought I would see what you all had to say. Thanks for any input and have a great day!

I think I'd go ethnic, Kris, for fun and for affordability. El Mundo, Red Pepper, Maido, Sitar Indian? Maybe Sari Sari? It's so tiny that your group might fill it up, but a call ahead could resolve that.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:05 am

Vietnam Kitchen (personally, I think it's one of the best places to take a group and try a bunch of different dishes)
Saffron
Mayan Cafe
Palermo Viejo
Mellilo's

p.s. I wouldn't take a large group into the cramped quarters of El Mundo.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:16 am

Ron Johnson wrote:p.s. I wouldn't take a large group into the cramped quarters of El Mundo.

Upstairs?
User

Gary Guss

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Van down by the River

by Gary Guss » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:13 pm

Wow, with that headline I thought we were all going to be targeted as " Foodies" ! :roll:

GG
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:43 pm

We took our group of 12 last week to Irish Rover. We called ahead and they had it set up in the main room. Service was great, food was good and it was reasonable. It's a whole new place without the smoky bar!
no avatar
User

Kris Billiter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Downtown

by Kris Billiter » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:28 am

Thanks for the tips guys. It looks like we have narrowed it down to the Irish Rover and Cafe Lou Lou's. thanks again for the suggestions and input!

Kris
User

Jeff U

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:57 pm

Highlands

by Jeff U » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:58 pm

Another thought that I have taken many medium size groups to is Brownings. They have a private room that works great, parking is easy at the ballpark and they have a good selection of affordable but excellent entrees.