Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Rumor: Tumbleweed on the river closing?

by Robin Garr » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:14 am

Mark R. wrote:Ron, just wondering but since the original title specified that this was a rumor why does the title need to be changed? I specifically made it clear that it was a rumor when I made the original post (since that is what it was) and I wanted to get more information on it, not perpetuate it.

Mark, speaking as the forum owner/moderator, I'll take that one on: There was nothing wrong with your post or your headline, and no criticism of you for posting.

I changed it, later, after the rumor was debunked, for the reasons that Ron raises: Now that we know Tumbleweed Riverfront is NOT closing, it's best not to have the question floating around on the 'net in perpetuity. Remember two things: (1) Every post on the forum ends up on Google, readable around the world; and (2) even with this busy forum, the "view" counts reflect nly registered members, not guests - the actual readership of forum posts is 10 to 100 times the "views" when the very high percentage of lurkers is taken into account.

So, no harm, no foul, you did nothing wrong. But the new header reflects reality as we now know it.
Previous