Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Tina Marsh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:17 am

Louisville

Where should I go on a monday night? any specials?

by Tina Marsh » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:09 pm

we don't usually go out on monday nights but I think tonight we will. seems like a good night for specials - any place in particular I should look at?
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Where should I go on a monday night? any specials?

by Marsha L. » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:17 pm

Tina Marsh wrote:we don't usually go out on monday nights but I think tonight we will. seems like a good night for specials - any place in particular I should look at?

Tina, go over to Cafe Lou Lou. We don't have any Monday "pricing" specials, but we do have a pasta special (earlier today it was tarragon shrimp over penne) and dessert specials. And we're in the "open 7 days a week, lunch and dinner" column, so you never have to wonder if we're open, no matter what day it is.

My new cake for spring is "Lemon Sunshine" and the current sorbet flavor is Peach-Ginger.

Just sayin'. :D
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:22 pm

We SO need to try Cafe Lou Lou. I'm thinking tonight would be good. I've had a hella stressful day at work, and my hubby hurt himself yesterday. I don't feel like cooking, I KNOW he won't feel like cooking, and Lemon is his favorite kind of cake. Sounds like a plan to me! :D
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

Derrick Dones

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:02 am

by Derrick Dones » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:26 pm

Tina, you can't go wrong with Cafe Lou Lou and allthough I am not a huge sweets fan, that lemon cake sounds very good!

However, if you are looking for some specials, you might want to try Havana Rumba. They have discounted apps, live music and $1 or $2 (can't recall) off sangria, margaritas, and mojitos on Monday and Tuesday.

Enjoy! DD
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:40 pm

Well, if any of you go, let me know on this thread so I can let them know to expect you...and also let me know how it goes! My day off is tomorrow, so I stocked up all the desserts today, and they couldn't possibly have run out of anything...yet.

I was shocked, shocked I tell you, at how many desserts went missing this past weekend. I think a bus full of locusts must have stopped by yesterday or the day before, heh.
Marsha Lynch
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:20 pm

Marsha,

Just a head's up, my hubby and I will be at Cafe' Lou Lou around 7:15-7:30ish, depending on how long our workout session lasts!
So excited!
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:51 pm

Michelle R. wrote:Marsha,

Just a head's up, my hubby and I will be at Cafe' Lou Lou around 7:15-7:30ish, depending on how long our workout session lasts!
So excited!

Yay! I placed an A.R.B. (All Regulars Bulletin) with the manager of the day. Get my lemon cake in your belly!
Marsha Lynch
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:28 pm

Marsha,
Thank you so much for everything! The food was A-mazing, your cake was delicious, and service was absolutely great. Please tell Scott thank you for us, and pass along to Melissa (our server) that she did a phenomenal job! My hubby's parents are coming for a visit in April, and Cafe Lou Lou is one of the 3 places we feel we MUST take his folks while they're here. Again, thank you and the staff so much for the hospitality. We'll be back! :D
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:21 am

Thank you so much for everything! The food was A-mazing, your cake was delicious, and service was absolutely great. Please tell Scott thank you for us, and pass along to Melissa (our server) that she did a phenomenal job! My hubby's parents are coming for a visit in April, and Cafe Lou Lou is one of the 3 places we feel we MUST take his folks while they're here. Again, thank you and the staff so much for the hospitality. We'll be back! :D

I'm so glad you guys enjoyed yourselves, Michelle! I'll tell Scott and Melissa what you said, too.

Hooray, more converts!
Marsha Lynch
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:59 am

Marsha,

Do you know where Cafe Lou Lou generally gets its produce from? Those pears served with our appetizer the other day were absolutely the best I've ever tasted. The hubby was wondering out loud where they came from...thought I would see if you might know.
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:50 pm

Do you know where Cafe Lou Lou generally gets its produce from? Those pears served with our appetizer the other day were absolutely the best I've ever tasted. The hubby was wondering out loud where they came from...thought I would see if you might know.

Michelle, they came from Creation Gardens, but I'd had them in house for a few days, so they had a chance to get right before being served. I find that a lot of produce, even what you get at the grocery, has been picked while slightly "green" to facilitate shipping times, so I like to get it in a couple days ahead, put it in a paper bag, and let it ripen before being served.
Marsha Lynch