Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Cachito Mio Cuban cafe.

User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Cachito Mio Cuban cafe.

by Doogy R » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:45 am

So, yesterday someone hung a long strip of coupons on my door. Included was one for a place called Cachito Mio, a Cuban Cafe off Chamberlain Ln. across from Wally World. I am going to use the coupon soon but was wondering if anyone on the forum had been there already. Somehow this place just snuck by me. I guess I haven't been to Fiesta Time Mexican restaurant or the Indian grocery store in a while. Those places are in the same little strip center as Cachito's.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Aaron M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:52 am

Louisville

Re: Cachito Mio Cuban cafe.

by Aaron M » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:52 am

I actually live near there and I've driven past there several times... I thought it was a coffee shop? Let me know if you try it out.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:08 am

Aaron M wrote:I actually live near there and I've driven past there several times... I thought it was a coffee shop? Let me know if you try it out.

It is a coffee shop, but according to the coupon they also sell pastries, empanadas and sandwiches.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:46 pm

I went by this morning but they had a sign up indicating they were opening late due to some sort of maintenance and repair. Oh well, maybe another day. I hope it doesn't turn out like Jerusalem Cafe. Good place to eat but you never knew if it was gonna be open or not.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:28 pm

I tried the place out. They serve mostly coffee and pastries, but do have a few sandwiches on the menu. I tried the Cuban sandwich and it was true to the genre. I was very pleased with it and will try it again. In the back of the space they have some shelving full of Cuban and Brazilian foodstuffs as well as a variety of coffee beans. It's a neat, attractive and well appointed little place and I hope they do well. They have sofas, tables on which to play board games, a laptop, magazines of topical interest and the lady and man who were working there are extremely friendly.
User

Chris Dunn

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:34 pm

Shepherdsville

by Chris Dunn » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:48 pm

I had lunch there today and second Doogy's Cuban Sandwich assessment. I had a pretty good cup of coffee too, although nothing to write home about. If my pantry at home wasn't overflowing I would have picked up some interesting things from the grocery shelves. Can't have too much squid in the house.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:20 pm

Chris Dunn wrote:I had lunch there today and second Doogy's Cuban Sandwich assessment. I had a pretty good cup of coffee too, although nothing to write home about. If my pantry at home wasn't overflowing I would have picked up some interesting things from the grocery shelves. Can't have too much squid in the house.

Doesn't squid just rule? :D So does the Guaraná Antarctica soda they have there. It's the most popular Guaraná beverage in Brazil.