Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Mojitos last night

no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

Mojitos last night

by Linda C » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:35 am

Finally made return trip for dinner with DH this time. Mr Martinez thinks I have a vendetta, probably, because my first experience here was uneven and I'm sorry I reviewed it without a return trip. However, last night's meal was so absolutely incredible I had to go on record! I tried the mussels again and this time they were amazing. Ditto for the guacamole...it was better than Frontera's in Chicago. Crab cake was oustanding. My favorite was the special...a dense flavorful tamale covered with shrimp and a sauce that you wanted to lick off the plate. Put that on the menu! The only thing which didn't blow us away was calamari. It was just okay...sauces were good. Nobody does calamari like Napa River, or the grilled variety at Volare. Anyway, we got there at 5:45 and the place was packed by 6:15 with a line. However, service was perfectly paced, never rushed. Our waiter Matt was great. We had a bottle of wine, 5 tapas plates and the whole thing was $65. WHAT a deal! Those flavors linger. We are returning very soon with a larger group. I wrote a review for tripadvisor...they are getting good press over there, glad to say.
no avatar
User

Fernando Martinez

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:53 pm

Re: Mojitos last night

by Fernando Martinez » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:05 pm

Linda thank you for coming back to Mojito and giving us a second chance, it makes me really happy to know that you had a good experience with the service and the food. I talked to Matt and praised him for the good work, he is a good employee and we are lucky to have him. Please say hello next time. Thanks Fernando.