Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Clay Cundiff

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:54 am

I really like Charlestown Pizza Company. A lot.

by Clay Cundiff » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:22 am

A group of my fellow beer geeks and I decided to make the drive up to Charlestown Pizza Company last night to watch the U of L game. We had heard a lot of good things about the place, among them Robin's write up of the place, and I am happy to say that we had not been misled. The pizza is really outstanding-a nicely textured thin crust with a well balanced, flavorful sauce and just the right ratio of toppings and cheese. I would easily rank this pie as one of the best in the area. The bread sticks were great too, with a nice beer cheese and roasted garlic butter to dip into.
The owners have clearly put a lot of love and attention into the beer list, which features a number of great finds like New Holland's The Poet Oatmeal Stout and Van Steenberge's Piraat. They also really seem to enjoy discussing and making recommendations of new beers to their customers-they turned some of us on to The Poet, which was a big hit. Even better, the beer prices are extremely reasonable.
The service was friendly and spot on. Our initial group of 6 ballooned to an increasingly boisterous 14 or 15 before the game wound down, and they never missed a beat. We were all taken great care of throughout the evening. Food came out fast and fresh from the oven and no one ever wanted for a drink for more than a moment or two.
I believe I'll be making regular trips to Charlestown in the future. The drive is really not bad at all (it took less time for me to get there from my home in Germantown than it does to get to most of the East End) and the trip is certainly worth making.
no avatar
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

Re: I really like Charlestown Pizza Company. A lot.

by Shawn Vest » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:49 pm

thanks clay
i'm glad you all had a good time
we loved having you guys make the the trip

thanks again

shawn and tajana
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:33 pm

Clay Cundiff wrote:I believe I'll be making regular trips to Charlestown in the future. The drive is really not bad at all (it took less time for me to get there from my home in Germantown than it does to get to most of the East End) and the trip is certainly worth making.

10-4 to all of that, good buddy ... We timed our trip over from Crescent Hill, and it's closer than Springhurst - and a hell of a lot less traffic lights.

Shawn & Co. are doing great over there, and they deserve our support.
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm

Twin Cities, MN

by MikeG » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:36 am

I back this place. I usually make it about once a month for a black olive pizza and some breadbites. Of course it's jsut a short jaunt up IN62 for myself. I havent mapped out though if it or NABC is closer though, hmmm.....
I am the original Mike G, never mind the impostor.

I am kind of a big deal.
no avatar
User

Matthew Landan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:17 pm

331 East Market Street

by Matthew Landan » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:02 am

Keep it real CPC!
DCE stout growler coming your way later this week.
Happy anniversary,
Matt
Owner
Haymarket
331 E. Market St.

Since I came down from Oregon, there's a lesson or two I've learned
Oh, oh the Pride of Cucamonga, of, of silver apples in the sun,
Yes, it's me, I'm the Pride of Cucamonga, I can see golden forests in the sun.
no avatar
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

by Shawn Vest » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:34 pm

thanks everyone

HAPPY B DAY to the DCE as well
April Fools on the fools

there is also great beer at Derby City and they are kind of on the way to the CPC (or on the way home)

shawn
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699