Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Tina Marsh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:17 am

Louisville

Re: BJ's My personal review.

by Tina Marsh » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:29 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Tina Marsh wrote:And Marsha, you had me choked up (with laughter, nothing else. I swear.) with your post. I couldn't figure out why no one was responding when I was reading through the posts after yours!!! :lol:

I don't know about everybody else, but I wasn't going to touch that one with a ten-foot ... a ten-f ... HAHAHAHAHA! ... I just can't say it!

my co-workers are going to wonder why I'm laughing out loud so much when I'm supposed to be working...
User

Tom Holstein

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:55 am

Derby City :)

by Tom Holstein » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:31 pm

Tina Marsh wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:
Tina Marsh wrote:And Marsha, you had me choked up (with laughter, nothing else. I swear.) with your post. I couldn't figure out why no one was responding when I was reading through the posts after yours!!! :lol:

I don't know about everybody else, but I wasn't going to touch that one with a ten-foot ... a ten-f ... HAHAHAHAHA! ... I just can't say it!

my co-workers are going to wonder why I'm laughing out loud so much when I'm supposed to be working...

Too Funny.......... :lol:
no avatar
User

David B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:38 am

by David B » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:35 pm

The wife and I decided to try BJ's tonight. I wanted a cheeseburger, and wanted to go to the Granville, as I had an excellent burger experience there last week. However, as that is far away, and BJ's is close, we decided to try it out instead.

We got there about 7:45 tonight and were seated right away. I tried the Hefeweizen and it was good, in a Blue Moon sort of fashion. I also ordered a iced tea, because I was thirsty.

Rachel, my wife, tried to order a plain cheeseburger, but this seemed to be a difficult proposition for our waiter. After a few rounds back and forth between them about how much thousand island dressing she would like on her plain cheeseburger, our waiter finally got around to taking my order- the California burger. Sounded good on the menu- burger, avocado, roasted peppers, etc..

Rachel's dinner salad she ordered came out almost immediately-- like less than two minutes. That was good, but our entree's took another 30 minutes. When finally delivered, my wife's cheeseburger was fully dressed, and I was brought the Cuban burger. I have no idea what was on it, because I looked no further after I saw the Cali burger. So back it went as Rachel started to disrobe her 'plain' cheeseburger.

A good deal later-like 15 minutes, my Cali burger came out, and it was good. It was not as good as the Granville's burger I had last week, but it was good. The roasted peppers, I think they were poblano or similar in heat, were a good and unique addition. All in all, the Cali burger was about a B+/A- burger. Not bad at all.

During the wait, I only could get one refill on my iced tea and our waiter seemed to be a bit callus that I got the wrong burger. He said how he is a waiter trainer and always checks to make sure that he gets the right order, but, you know, sometimes someone messes up--almost implying that I misspoke my order to him. On a side note, what is the point of not writing down an order when you get the order wrong? I never understood that, I do not think less of a waiter who writes my order down.

However, as the service was soooo bad, I don't foresee myself going back anytime soon when there are so many other great restaurants around.
Previous