Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville

Battle of the Bulge: My Stomach v. Mojitos

by TanyaD » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:08 am

So there I was. My campadre and I had scoped out the place, read the coordinates beforehand (menu), and made our battle plan. We arrived at 5:30 to avoid the dinner rush, and were promptly seated. After acquiring our drinks (me, a Mojito, duh, and her, a water [WUSS!]), we went into action. We ordered our tapas, and soon the battle began. First, it was Calamares Fritos, one of the best calamari dishes I have ever eaten. Then, we were barraged with Tuna de Asia and Guacamole and Chicharritas. OMG. This is where the battle took a turn for the worse. That dang Guac was, indubitably, the BEST I have ever had!! We were swiftly defeated!!! I could eat those fried plantain chips alone every day, but pairing it with that incredibly delicous Guac was just too much for our poor, defenseless bellies. And then, to make matters worse, the plates just started flying in, left and right! First up was Croquetas de Cangrejo (crab cake), and Next up was Solomillo al Cabrales, (beef with bleu cheese), and the pork carnitas tacos. By the time the Garlic shrimp came out, I had to finally admit defeat, as I could not take another bite (ate just a tiny little piece--had to!). And as a final death knell, the Albóndigas (meatballs) came out, and with one more tiny bite, my poor, overburdened stomach had to acquiesce. All in all, it was a battle well fought, and I will be enjoying my leftovers today. Service was actually quite wonderful, as our server (Sorry, didn't get your name!) spake highly of the wonders of pretty much everything on the menu. We will be back. Oh, yes, we will. And maybe this time, we'll be in better fighting shape to take on more of the incredible offerings Mojitos has. Fernando, my hat is off to you. I didn't think it could get any better than Havana Rumba, but I have been proven wrong. To all my fellow forumites: Go. Eat. Enjoy. You will not be disappointed.
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

Re: Battle of the Bulge: My Stomach v. Mojitos

by Jay M. » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:55 am

TanyaD wrote:... That dang Guac was, indubitably, the BEST I have ever had!! We were swiftly defeated!!! I could eat those fried plantain chips alone every day, but pairing it with that incredibly delicous Guac was just too much for our poor, defenseless bellies.

Great (and clever) review, Tanya. :) I remember having an identical reaction to the guacamole and plantain chips.
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:43 pm

Those plantain chips and guac are to die for, and the sweet potato fries with smoked honey are so good that there are just no words to describe them. We're taking my in-laws to Mojito when they come in from Wyoming. I can guarantee there's no place like it there!
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

Fernando Martinez

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:53 pm

by Fernando Martinez » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:41 pm

Tanya thank you so much for your wonderful review. I'm so happy that you and your friend enjoyed Mojito and had a good time. We are coming out with a new menu that we are really excited about so I hope that you come back and see us again and please say hello. Thanks Fernando.
Thanks to you too Michelle and Jay the guacamole is going to stay in the new menu. Please say hello next time. Fernando.
Last edited by Fernando Martinez on Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:26 pm

Fernando,

Please say that the sweet potato fries and honey will be on the new menu, too! :D
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

Fernando Martinez

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:53 pm

by Fernando Martinez » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:14 pm

Michelle: Yes the sweet potato fries w/smoked honey stay in the new menu, please say hello when you come next time. Fernando.