Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Kimis Asian Bistro

no avatar
User

Jenny H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:14 pm

Kimis Asian Bistro

by Jenny H » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:42 pm

Well, I am new here but wanted to give a suggestion to the Asian food/ Sushi fans out there. I went to Kimis Asian Bistro on Blankenbaker near I-64 and wanted to pass on my experience.

They now have their lunch menu available for dinner time. This means great prices. The portions were not small either. For example, they have some hibachi specials that start at $6 which includes a salad, meat, fried rice and cooked veggies!

The exciting part is that on Sundays and Wednesdays after 3:00 they have 1/2 price sushi. It was very good quality as well. I love sushi but it can often equal a large bill. Not so there.

Here is their website with menu and location... http://www.kimisbistro.com. I wanted to get the word out since the 2 times I have been there, there were not many people eating so I didn't want it to go out of business!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:50 pm

Welcome to the forum, Jenny! Glad you're here, and hope you'll stay. :)

I reviewed Kimis for The Voice last summer when they were new and found some things to like about it, although I did think it was a little pricey in the dinner department for what you got. It sounds like their new policy makes it more affordable, and I ought to shoot out there soon and give it another try. I do love Asian food!
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:33 am

Whooooh! 1/2 price sushi on Sunday and Wednesday?! Now that's good to know. I can eat my weight in sushi. If their dining room isn't packed on those nights they need to advertise that special. And , even though I am no longer affiliated with them, an ad in the LEO may do just the trick.
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
User

Jeff U

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:57 pm

Highlands

by Jeff U » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:12 am

Our only visit there was not a good experience but was probably 3 months ago. Although the restaurant was empty on a Saturday evening the service was not good. Our server was not attentive or visible.

My wife's dish was incorrect but it took so long to receive she did not wish to reorder. My dish (don't recall what it was) was fine but nothing memorable.

All in all it did not leave me with any interest in returning.

With the new information posted I am now curious, but I think I will wait for Robin to make another trip and share.
no avatar
User

Jenny H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:14 pm

by Jenny H » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:47 am

Yeah, I wouldn't say the food I had was the most amazing ever, but what I am excited about is the 1/2 price sushi and the lunch menu prices is really good deal now that they are available for dinner. The dinner prices are pretty steap!
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:15 am

I must say that I'm not a big sushi fan anyway, but the mere thought of 1/2 price sushi scares me.
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

by Charles W. » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:32 pm

Leah s wrote:I must say that I'm not a big sushi fan anyway, but the mere thought of 1/2 price sushi scares me.

A couple of years ago I was on the Upper East Side (NYC) and saw a sign in a restaurant "Fresh Sushi." I got a little worried thinking about the alternatives.