Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

2 NEW SPOTS

no avatar
User

Matt MB

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:50 am

2 NEW SPOTS

by Matt MB » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:48 pm

I haven't noticed anyone pick up on these 2 new spots, so I'll start it off.

First, there is a new Middle Eastern restaurant where the short-lived Jerusalem Cafe was in Cardinal Center on 4th street. Although there is a banner outside, it doesn't have a name on it, nor do the menus. So, I don't know if it has a name or not but it is definately an improvement over the JC.

I tried the lamb schawarma and was impressed by the quality of the meat. It tasted like natural, unprocessed, MSG-free, non-Kronos lamb. I ordered a tabbouleh salad on the side which was composed primarily of parsley and very little grain and a lot of lemon. I enjoyed it very much, but it might not be for everyone as it really comes across as a parsley salad.

The only drawback I can see, especially considering the University location, is the price. Some appetizers are 12.95 and my sandwich with side was 7.95. I think it was well worth the quality, but out of the budget for most students.

Secondly, It appears a new sandwich shop has opened recently across from the Pour Haus at Shelby and Burnett. I don't remember the name of it but the sign was nice :?
no avatar
User

Matt MB

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:50 am

Re: 2 NEW SPOTS

by Matt MB » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:46 am

The name of the cafe is Sammi Jo's Sandwiches and such.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: 2 NEW SPOTS

by Robin Garr » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:16 am

Matt Bates wrote:The name of the cafe is Sammi Jo's Sandwiches and such.

Thanks for the follow-up, Matt! If you give it a try, let us know what you think. I wonder if they have banh mi ... prolly not ... ;)