Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

gushing about Proof...again

User

NicoleP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:44 am

by NicoleP » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:00 am

We dined at Proof this weekend and I have been swooning with delight over their new Spring menu. I had the smoked chicken with bread salad and it was perfection. We started with the baked octopus and yellowfin tuna crudo, the octopus should be illegal and the blood orange accent to the tuna was delicious. I truly adore this restaurant!

The check was accompanied by a big bowl of pink cotton candy...Very PoMo
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:02 pm

I just love that place. I have never made it for dinner though. I have been there for lunch several times and have never had less than an exquisite dining experience. The ambience, service and food are all way above excellent. I am going to HAVE to get there for dinner one of these days. I may even try the breakfast, though that menu looks a little limited and pricey as well.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Krista K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:21 am

downtown, louisville, ky, usa

by Krista K » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:00 pm

What's PoMo?
p.s. isn't the new art fabulous?

disclaimer: i am a proof employee :D
no avatar
User

lindabenz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:03 pm

Eastern Jefferson County

Agree

by lindabenz » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:41 pm

We dined last night at Proof. Despite the horrendous weather, the restaurant was doing good business. The Yellowfin Tuna Crudo is an outstanding combination of flavors. My husband has the Tuesday special of mussels in a champagne broth for his starter. How wise of them to bring extra bread with the mussels. My scallops with spaghetti squash were "otherwordly" and spouse raved about his Alaskan halibut. The bread pudding is an excellent choice for dessert, but again my spouse raved about the double chocolate gelato. Visually, I find the restaurant to be very appealing as are many of the servers.
User

NicoleP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:44 am

by NicoleP » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:46 pm

PoMo- postmodern

I LOVE the new photography in the main seating area!!! eerie and fabulous! But my faves are the alabaster goats hanging along the window to the kitchen...very Matthew Barney
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

Re: gushing about Proof...again

by Ron Johnson » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:20 am

NicoleP wrote:chicken with bread salad

Proof is taking a page from the Zuni Cafe playbook I see . . .
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

Houston Group

by Heather Y » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:46 pm

Does anyone know if the Houston group that is taking over red lounge is the same group that overseas Proof?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Houston Group

by Robin Garr » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:57 pm

Heather Y wrote:Does anyone know if the Houston group that is taking over red lounge is the same group that overseas Proof?

No, very definitly not.

Proof is managed by Myriad Group of NYC, under Drew Nieporent, a prominent and successful restaurateur.

The Houston Group is a local firm run by a guy named Houston Jones, who has occasionally participated in the forum. Nice gent, but not playing in the same league as Myriad.
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:44 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Heather Y wrote:Does anyone know if the Houston group that is taking over red lounge is the same group that overseas Proof?

No, very definitly not.

Proof is managed by Myriad Group of NYC, under Drew Nieporent, a prominent and successful restaurateur.

The Houston Group is a local firm run by a guy named Houston Jones, who has occasionally participated in the forum. Nice gent, but not playing in the same league as Myriad.
If I'm not mistaken, I think Robert DiNero is a part owner of Myriad.
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Prospect

Myriad

by Heather Y » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:04 pm

Wow, Talk about confused!

Thanks David!!!
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Prospect

by Heather Y » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:05 pm

Robin too!!
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:43 am

David Clancy wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:

No, very definitly not.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Robert DiNero is a part owner of Myriad.

I know that DiNero has invested in some of the Myriad Group restaurants, most notable Tribeca Grill, but I am not sure that he has any ownership stake in the management company itself.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:00 am

Ron Johnson wrote:I know that DiNero has invested in some of the Myriad Group restaurants, most notable Tribeca Grill, but I am not sure that he has any ownership stake in the management company itself.

And as is typical of celebrity financial backers, I very much doubt that he's consulted (or would want to be) about day-to-day operation.