Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Laura B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:46 am

Miami, Florida

Re: LEO-LHB; Incredible Daves flawed inspiration

by Laura B » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:42 pm

Carla & Elliot: Thank you for the info! Now I can see that at least we haven't been breaking any specific on-the-book laws and therefore aiding and abetting our fine local dining establishments in a 14 year-long crime spree! :)

And Ron: Thank you for the fun reminder of Fat Cats (which begat Baja Bay which begat Judge Roy Bean's which begat Big Dave's Outpost)! And now, I'm going to leave before I offer up any more info regarding my age! :D
When in doubt, add more wine.
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:03 pm

Thanks for the Fat Cats reminder. My college band ("The Flying Monkeys") held down the midnight to 4AM slot there many evenings in the mid 80s. I've posted on here before about my remembering the audiences there fondly - they were there for the music, and then secondarily the beer. Typically we made about $40 per person and had a $25 beer tab each. Sure made that drive home to Bowling Green pretty dicey at times ... but what a great place to play (although I do not miss the white upright piano!).
no avatar
User

Rob Coffey

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:17 pm

by Rob Coffey » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:24 pm

carla griffin wrote:Elevated bar areas with 1/2 walls around them in restaurants such as Fridays and Applebees are not just aesthetically designed. They serve as a demarcation of the bar area allowing ABC regulators some sort of footing when reviewing complaints about minors in establishments where alcohol is served. There may or may not be a LAW that says a restaurant MUST do it but most family restaurants frequently do.

They are also useful as a demarcation of where you can and cannot carry a concealed deadly weapon, IIRC.
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:14 pm

The hubby and I went with my brother and niece on Friday night, and I was not impressed. The food was expensive, and was not very good, the games were waaay overpriced, and several areas were understaffed. My niece wanted to use the bungee, and they had one person working the area, with 7 little kids standing in line at 11:30 pm. It took almost an hour from the time my brother paid till she was strapped in and bouncing. They had 4 bungees, and only one person "working" in the area. He actually spent most of the time with his back turned to the bouncing kids, flirting with girls, and talking to his friends. We probably won't go back.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
Previous