Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Tried El Caporal Yesterday

no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

Tried El Caporal Yesterday

by Linda C » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:52 pm

On a whim, we stopped at the Blankenbaker location for a late lunch. Chips/salsa were very good and the Margaritas rocked. Daughter had chicken quesadillas...I don't eat poultry, but she was extremely pleased and took leftovers for lunch. Hubby had Enchiladas Verde and liked them a lot.He said "it doesn't taste diluted like some Mexican places". I had the shrimp Camarones ala diabla. This is a warning. This is the most pain I've experienced in many months. The shrimp were plentiful and perfectly prepared, but YIKES...it caused my tongue to swell and I had raised areas on it. I chugged a Margarita and held the ice on my tongue till I could get some water. The rice and beans were delicious. I didn't want to send it back, but asked for doggy bag. Once home, I rinsed the shrimp under water thoroughly and finished them but they were still HOT. I like the service, atmosphere here...just watch that "devil" sauce LOLOL!
User

Joe C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:50 pm

Louisville, KY

by Joe C » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:21 pm

El Caporal also makes great Carnitas - one of my favorite Mexican dishes. Deep fried chunks of pork served fajita style. Similar to Masas de Puerco - a wonderful Cuban dish. Plenty of citrus flavor in the tomatilla sauce.

Joe
Live to Ride, Ride to Eat!