Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

Almost Louisville - Bistro 535 in Shelbyville

by TP Lowe » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:51 pm

Had a quick lunch at Bistro 535 last week. Generally pretty decent food, selection was also OK. My tablemate had chili which was well received. I had chicken salad with fruit, and potato soup, which was fine but not great. The chicken salad was flavorful with plenty of walnuts, but the fruit was something that probably came from Costco or Sysco, dry and no flavor.

Service? pitiful. It took more than 45 minutes to receive our soup. Clearly it was a bad day for our server and maybe for the restaurant staff.
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

Re: Almost Louisville - Bistro 535 in Shelbyville

by Ed Vermillion » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:29 pm

Thanks for the heads up, TP. We have discussed trying them out when we have found ourselves in Shelbyville with the hungry on. We always default to Ken-Tex for their awesome Q.
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

Re: Almost Louisville - Bistro 535 in Shelbyville

by TP Lowe » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:49 am

Truly hard to drive by Ken-Tex and not stop!

Give 535 a try sometime. It's a nice atmosphere, and I doubt the service would always be so slow (I didn't mention that difficulty in getting water refilled, but I think it was all due to something out of the ordinary going on behind the scenes).