Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Ferd Grisanti's Sunday Brunch

no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

Ferd Grisanti's Sunday Brunch

by Bill Veneman » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:16 am

Was out toward J-Town when the stomach announced that it was time to eat, so I pulled in at Ferd Grisanti's.....

Overall, it was a great experience, and very much enjoyed myself, however, I did notice a couple of things that needed to be taken note of.....first off was the use of salt :? . I, as a matter of course, do not use salt in my daily cooking/eating, so when something is too salty, I do tend to notice it more. The Eggs were well salted, the Lasagna was salted, and I noticed that the Salmon was salty as well......although it did not keep me from eating it, in this case, less would have been more.

Good variety for breakfast fare, and the sampling of entree's was excellent. Oh, and the Roast Beef was DEVINE. Thinly sliced, well prepped, and fork tender.

Service was right on the mark. Right there when I needed something, and not when I didn't.

Desserts were plentiful and very tasty. The Cannoli was my fav followed by the bread pudding with real HARD SAUCE. BRAVO!!!!!!!

They also had a variety of cheesecakes from Tina's, of which I didn't get a chance to taste, since I was so full from my 4 trips to various parts of the buffet.

For $15.95, plus $2.25 :shock: for my soft drink (NOTE: In my humble opinion, non alcholic beverages should be included in the price of the buffet), not a bad deal. Well worth the drive to JTown.
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Ferd's brunch.

by Doogy R » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:46 am

I have always liked Ferd's and this brunch sounds great. I do wonder why the heaviness with the use of salt, but otherwise it sounds great. I had the breakfast buffet at BLU 2 days ago and need to write up a little review on that. I believe Blu has a better thing going on than Ferd's.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

Re: Ferd's brunch.

by Bill Veneman » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:49 pm

Doogy R wrote:I have always liked Ferd's and this brunch sounds great. I do wonder why the heaviness with the use of salt, but otherwise it sounds great. I had the breakfast buffet at BLU 2 days ago and need to write up a little review on that. I believe Blu has a better thing going on than Ferd's.

I'll have to give it a try.......
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.