Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

Forget the East End Bridge and.....

by Ed Vermillion » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:24 pm

abandon the downtown bridge as well. Put another bridge that routes traffic into New Albany!!!!!! The 2nd Tuesday dinner at La Rosita was fantastic. Without a doubt the best guacamole I have had anywhere. All told we had my wife Cindy, son Duncan, Gina & Tom, Suzi & Richard and Michele sharing a great meal and hospitality at La Rosita. A pleasure to meet Gina, Tom and Michele and we look forward to the next one.

Duncan & I had quesadillas made with steak, chorizo, cheese, onions and cilantro grilled up nice and crisp. Spread some of that heavenly guac on there and a squirt of habanero sauce. Cindy had chicken enchiladas with beans and rice which she enjoyed. I really liked the trio of sauces in the squirt bottles they serve with the chips, makes me wish everyone had that idea instead of the communal bowl of industrial red salsa found everywhere else.

Thanks to Isreal and crew for a very pleasant evening with some fine folks. We will be back.
no avatar
User

Gretchen D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:18 pm

the Highlands

Re: Forget the East End Bridge and.....

by Gretchen D. » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:18 pm

I also LOVE La Rosita and hope to try more things on their menu... I just can't quit ordering the enchiladas I like so much!

I agree that they have good guacamole. I would also suggest you try the fresh made guacamole in the produce section at Whole Foods if you want to enjoy guacamole at home sometime. I was amazed at how good I thought their product is... but I also love cilantro!
no avatar
User

Michele Cull

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:44 am

Original Highlands

by Michele Cull » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:37 am

Good food and great company last night!! Looking forward to the next one...

MissChele
MissChele
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

by Bill Veneman » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:00 am

Oh, I'm so glad everyone had a good time....sorry again for backing out at the last minute, but stuff does occur.

The next one will be Tuesday, April 8th..........
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.