Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Jeremy J

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:30 am

Louisville, KY

TGIFridays Ultimate Recipe Showdown Menu

by Jeremy J » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:28 pm

Has anyone heard about this? As much as I tend towards an anti-chain persuasion, this does sound like one of the more interesting things a chain has done in quite a while...and I must say that "peruvian chicken with sweet potato fries" sounds a lot better than the old "triple meat fundito"
TGIFridays info page
no avatar
User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Jeffersonville

Re: TGIFridays Ultimate Recipe Showdown Menu

by Amy A » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:38 pm

We were just talking about this last night. Fridays is my least favorite chain. I haven't found one dish that I find remotely enjoyable. After watching the commercial, we both thought that the dishes look nice, but firmly believe that by the time they actually make it to the table they won't taste that way. :lol:
no avatar
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:01 pm

I really like the idea. The challenge will be finding recipes that can be replicated on such a large scale without sacrificing quality. A lot of time chain food tastes bland because they are trying to appeal to everyone or they are unable to replicate the original recipe without cutting corners in the interest of replication.

I've only been to Friday's a few times, I don't know that this will get me in the door. I did like those fried green beans they had...
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Aaron Newton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:34 pm

by Aaron Newton » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:20 am

We watched the show this weekend on Food Network. The winning recipe had us actually excited to go to Friday's and try it out.

Until they showed the version that will actually be served at the restaurant. It barely resembled the actual winning recipe, and wasn't particularly appealing.

It was a great idea; I mean, I can't remember the last time I actually was WILLING to go to TGIFridays. I really shouldn't be surprised by the outcome though.
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:40 am

I watched the cake episode last night. The final winner was a chocolate cake that beat out a preliminary cupcake winner and a preliminary birthday cake winner. Then Friday's turned it into . . . a cupcake.