Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

Re: Running the Captain up the yardarm, mastpole, or whatever

by carla griffin » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:35 am

Now that the level of commitment from the CQ staff and leadership has been made public we all await the exciting meals to had at CQ. :!:
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Re: Running the Captain up the yardarm, mastpole, or whatever

by Deb Hall » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:34 pm

Bill,

My intent was to post something about CQ yesterday when I first read it, but family b'days interrupted me.....

Unfortunately we have not been able to dine at CQ since Rick took the helm. With that said, my experience at CQ prior to that was very contrary to the previous negative post. When I first moved to Louisville ( 10 years ago) I would dine at CQ only for the outdoor seating in the warm weather- the food was very secondary and my choice consisted of a good, if not special, hamburger. But our experience under the last Executive Chef was totally different: you could get really GREAT food and wonderful outdoor dining. On several visits, we and friends had a Wasabi-encrusted Sea Bass that was truly exceptional. And on one occasion, when we attempted to order it and we were told they had run out, Chef John sent out a card comping us several orders of the Sea Bass for a future visit. From a service perspective, we were very impressed- far, far above what we would expect for being "out of something". Table service was very good, and they've always been very family friendly.

While I haven't experienced it, knowing Rick's standards, I would only have expected it to go up even a further notch. I'd think Captain's Quarters would be an excellent choice for your "not so daring family".

Deb
Previous