Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

RichardM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:18 am

Louisville, KY

Places in Jackson MS... OMG.. Tell me

by RichardM » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:57 pm

I am making a week long trip for my company, The Fresh Market. I am helping to open a new store in Ridgeland <Jackson> MS. All I know about Jackson is what I learned from Johnny and June Carter Cash, and that is, it was hot. So, I am going to be there from March 24-29 and am looking for some info on places to eat. I will be working 10-12 hours a day, but I always set aside one evening to go out for dinner, with some of the others from around the country who come in, and have a nice meal. The other nights I might be looking for a good pizza for the room or a nice burger and brew stop on the way back from the store. Of course if there is some special place you shouldn't miss in Jackson then let me know. As always, thanks for your support.

Richard
Richard Lord Meadows, Earl of Vienna, Marquess of Morgantown and Westover, Baronet of Parkersburg, and West Virginia’s Ambassador to the Portland Neighborhood.
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

Re: Places in Jackson MS... OMG.. Tell me

by carla griffin » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:39 am

Richard Richard Richard!!! Why go all the way to Mississippi to open a new Fresh Market?! Pleae tell the powers that be that we need one out in Oldham County, preferably in Crestwood. Oldham Co is one of the wealthier counties in KY and we certainly could support a Fresh Market. Pleeeeessse!
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

Stacy Roof

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:03 pm

Louisville, KY

by Stacy Roof » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:28 am

Richard,
I asked my counterpart at the Mississippi Restaurant Association, Mike Cashion and here's what he had to say:
"Nick's 1501 Lakeland Dr. Good service, fresh fish of the day, diverse menu, cozy
Char Right next to BRAVO! Chop House theme. Great Steaks & pretty lively place
Elixir I-55 Frontage Rd. Small restaurant, eclectic menu. Used to be my personal favorite until I hired the managing partner as my Education Director!"

Enjoy your trip!
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:31 pm

carla griffin wrote:Richard Richard Richard!!! Why go all the way to Mississippi to open a new Fresh Market?! Pleae tell the powers that be that we need one out in Oldham County, preferably in Crestwood. Oldham Co is one of the wealthier counties in KY and we certainly could support a Fresh Market. Pleeeeessse!

We need one in Ft. Mitchell also. I know the perfect location that is sitting vacant right now. If you guys opened a store here it would go gang-busters. People here drive all the way to Cincinnati to go to FM.