Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Suckling Pig

no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

Suckling Pig

by GaryF » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:13 pm

I know it's a bit late to post for this evening, but Seviche at Goose Creek is serving Suckling Pig starting tonight. It should be on special for the next few days so come on down.
Last edited by GaryF on Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

Re: Sucking Pig

by Ron Johnson » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:21 pm

I am almost scared to ask how this is different than suckLing pig. :shock:
no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

Re: Sucking Pig

by carla griffin » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:22 pm

Maybe it's weaned but has an ugly disposition? :?
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Re: Suckling Pig

by GaryF » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:36 pm

Can you tell that typing is the only class I ever flunked in school? The fact I made the same error twice is pretty pathetic.
Nonetheless, the pig is still damn tasty.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:45 pm

Some people on this board are relentless and cut no slack. Then, when I say something about it, I am called out for a lack of social grace. I am really having a hard time getting used to it. I am sure this will be considered and extraneous post. BTW, I hope to get there for the pig, whatever it is called. :D
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

by carla griffin » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:49 pm

Just don't ask my ex-husband what the pig is called. :wink: :wink:
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

by GaryF » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:48 am

Doogy R wrote:Some people on this board are relentless and cut no slack. Then, when I say something about it, I am called out for a lack of social grace. I am really having a hard time getting used to it. I am sure this will be considered and extraneous post. BTW, I hope to get there for the pig, whatever it is called. :D

Doogy- I'm sure if I saw a post regarding sucking pig I wouldn't have left it alone either. When I saw what I did I laughed out loud.
Hope to see you all soon.
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:18 am

Doogy R wrote:Some people on this board are relentless and cut no slack. Then, when I say something about it, I am called out for a lack of social grace. I am really having a hard time getting used to it. I am sure this will be considered and extraneous post. BTW, I hope to get there for the pig, whatever it is called. :D

Doogy, it's called joking around. Some folks do it. You should give it a try. It's fun.
no avatar
User

Anthony Lamas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:41 pm

by Anthony Lamas » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:48 pm

I thought it was funny! To be honest though, I was'nt quite happy how the pig turned out. I should be recieving my new La Caja China roaster, whitch I'm really excited about. I have my moms neighbors technique, so I know it's going to turn out better. My mom lives in Lindsay CA. where most of the olives come from, and shes lived next to Mr. Jauregui, who was like a dad to me and a great cook. I grew up in a big agricultural area of CA. so we always had some sort of roasted pig, goat, lamb, etc. So look for the smoke outside the Goose Creek location daily, during the warmer months near the patio.

As always, buen provecho y muchas gracias!
no avatar
User

Tony D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:29 am

by Tony D. » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:53 pm

Personally, I cook a pretty mean pulled pork butt. And until you are adult enough not to make jokes about pork butt or pulled pork, you don't get any more. Beavis and Butthead go hungry. Picture some kind of smiley-faced yellow thing here. (Seriously.)
no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

by carla griffin » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:52 am

Didn't mean to offend anyone. Any questionable humor , for me at least, is always self directed. Let's not be erasing humor from the boards please. (and here is the obligatory smiley face..... ) :D
Carla
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:27 am

carla griffin wrote:Didn't mean to offend anyone. Any questionable humor , for me at least, is always self directed. Let's not be erasing humor from the boards please. (and here is the obligatory smiley face..... ) :D

Ignore the hecklers in the front row, Carla. Keep 'em coming. :lol: :lol:
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:02 pm

carla griffin wrote: Let's not be erasing humor from the boards please. (and here is the obligatory smiley face..... ) :D

No need to worry about that, Carla! Your comment was hilarious.