Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Short video from Verona: A quick look at wine judging

by Robin Garr » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:50 pm

On our WineLoversPage.com I've put together a short (1 minute, 30 second) video, nothing fancy, just a series of hand-held snippets that seek to give a brief notion of what a day in the wine judging trenches in Italy is like.

If you'd like to view it, click to our Wine Video Watch page, and there, click the screen shot image next to "Judging wine at Vinitaly." A video window will pop up, and you can follow the instructions there to click, click and play.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:44 am

Oops, posted this in the wrong section last night ...
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

by Heather Y » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:35 pm

too much vino Robin?
:D :D :D
User

Lisa Stephenson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:06 pm

Jeffersonville, IN

I think you got me...

by Lisa Stephenson » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:09 pm

...in your video clip. I was the one sipping wine.... outside.... freezing with teeth chattering! Yup, that was me!
We had a great time at Vinitaly, but froze the entire time in Italy! Learned a lot too. So much wine and so little time! There were some tiny countries represented that I have never heard of!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: I think you got me...

by Robin Garr » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:02 am

Lisa Stephenson wrote:...in your video clip. I was the one sipping wine.... outside.... freezing with teeth chattering! Yup, that was me!
We had a great time at Vinitaly, but froze the entire time in Italy! Learned a lot too. So much wine and so little time! There were some tiny countries represented that I have never heard of!

It was a blast, wasn't it, Lisa! I wish I had run into you there ... I did run into Jeff Tatman of Felice Winery in a hallway ... quite a surprise to see a familiar face in Verona. :)
User

Lisa Stephenson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:06 pm

Jeffersonville, IN

Vinitaly judgements

by Lisa Stephenson » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:01 pm

Robin, will the Vinitaly website eventually post Verona 2007 winners ?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Vinitaly judgements

by Robin Garr » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:24 pm

Lisa Stephenson wrote:Robin, will the Vinitaly website eventually post Verona 2007 winners ?

Lisa, I would think so! The winners were actually announced at Vinitaly, so it's no secret. In fact, I've got a copy here. It's on paper, not digital, but I might type in a copy and post it, or if you're curious about specific entries, I'd be happy to look them up for you.