Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

NIOS last night

no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

NIOS last night

by Linda C » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:35 pm

Our first trip to NIOS was great, however we waited for the smoking ban to return. We took 2 extra people as well, because we think tapas are better with more people! It was a great experience. LOVE the small plate concept. Standouts (and there were many) were the scallops, mussels, coconut shrimp, crab cakes...best I've had in Louisville..the goat cheese with balsamic spread was fantastic. Presentation and flavors outstanding.I do miss the wonderful potato gratin they used to have. Bummer! The only dish I found mildly disappointing was the gnocchi. It was a bit bland and I don't believe they were homemade. They were thick and chewy, not light and fluffy. Even the pad thai was very good. The meat eaters of the group were also enjoying some chicken dish as well. I loved the atmosphere in there and being smoke free made it 100% better.
no avatar
User

Broc Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: NIOS last night

by Broc Smith » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:56 am

I second the Scallops!!! I also liked the Montego Roasted Pork. The sauce is tomato-based, slow roasted with Jamaican spices... awesome.
no avatar
User

Mike Beckmann

{ RANK }

Just got here

Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:03 pm

Re: NIOS last night

by Mike Beckmann » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:57 pm

Thank you so much for the positive response to our concept and menu. We also believe that the best way to enjoy small plates is with good company and good wine. Plus the atmosphere at nios is unlike any other eatery in the city. My name is Michael Beckmann and I am the GM at nios and I believe that I remember your table. I hope you tell your friends and when you decide to come back, feel free to call and reserve your special table and ask for Beckmann.