Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Suburban Lodge Fish Fry

User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

Suburban Lodge Fish Fry

by Ed Vermillion » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:00 am

The famous Suburban Lodge Fish Fry re-opens today after their winter hiatus. Excellent Green River style fish by the pound and fixin's. The navy blue clad will be in attendance today at lunch, wave if you see us. :D
no avatar
User

Derrick Dones

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:02 am

Re: Suburban Lodge Fish Fry

by Derrick Dones » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:54 pm

IMO, best fried fish in all of Louisville. According to my pops, he's been eating that fish since it was $.15 per pound. I think on my last vist it was $5.95 or $6.95 per lb. I remember going to the old location, by the old AAF every Saturday that they served fish. Always a long line that was quick-moving. Plus, the old-timers running behind the counter would usually sneak me a little sample of that delicious fish! This green river style is tops!!! DD
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:09 pm

OK, I admit I'm a little ignorant on this topic. Where the heck is Suburban Lodge fish fry? Sounds like a place I'd like based on what you're saying. Also, what hours are they open?
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ed Vermillion » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:52 pm

Mark R. wrote:OK, I admit I'm a little ignorant on this topic. Where the heck is Suburban Lodge fish fry? Sounds like a place I'd like based on what you're saying. Also, what hours are they open?

Sorry Mark on getting back to you late, it has been one of those days.

http://www.suburban740.org/socialclub.html

It was packed today but outstanding, as usual.
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:05 am

So I'm guessing you don't have to be a Mason to buy the fish? My dad was a Mason, does that count?
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ed Vermillion » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:29 pm

carla griffin wrote:So I'm guessing you don't have to be a Mason to buy the fish?

Nope. They let anybody in if you know the secret fish buying handshake. Put a $10 dollar bill in your hand and hold it out in front of you while ordering. :D
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:38 pm

Coooolll!
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost