Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

CJ review space shrinks in positive Artemisia report

by Robin Garr » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:39 am

Marty reviews Artemisia this week in a friendly, positive report with few negative comments; he makes his 3-star rating seem about right. It's one of the shortest Saturday reviews in recent memory at 478 words, bringing the review more into line with the Reader's Digest brevity of the rest of the CJ's shrinking Saturday magazine.

Artful menu at Artemisia

Artemisia
620 E. Market St.
(502) 583-4177

He also has a piece this week reporting on the Lenten fish fries at four apparently randomly selected local Catholic parishes:

You'll get hooked on Lenten fish fry dinners
User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Jeffersonville

Re: CJ review space shrinks in positive Artemisia report

by Amy A » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:15 pm

We stopped going to Artemisia after a couple of just so-so dinners, but went recently and loved it. That butternut squash flan is out of this world. Makes me want it right now!
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:16 pm

I dined there for lunch last month and had the Shrimp a la plancha, as did Marty. The shrimp in my dish were prefectly prepared and the grits were fantastic. I dined in the courtyard and that space is such a neat area, even on a cold day. I sat right by a fireplace and it was so warm and cozy that the wintry blasts from the outside couldn't penetrate the ambience of the alcove. I think Marty's rating is right on.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:24 pm

The wife and I generally like Artemisia. I've enjoyed some beef and game dishes there in the past. I agree that the "garden" area is really neat even in the dead of winter. We've always been able to get a table, even with a large group and no reservation.